Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
heretodaygonetomorrow

so i have a few questions...

Hello all,

I was wondering if anyone had tips to get rid of mild acne without using products like benzoyl peroxide. I have tried using different percentage dosages of benzoyl peroxide and have just recently learned that I am allergic to the product.

The more and more I think about it, my personality does not allow me to deal with acne well. It is to the point where I obsess about my skin (it like takes up my thoughts), even though my acne is not that bad. Whether it be one pimple, or a few on my forehead, a pimple is a pimple to me and I am angered, exhausted, and depressed whenever they form.

I've had a few good months of being relatively pimple free but over the past week or so, I've been getting a few pimples in spots that I had not gotten in the past. One in particular grew on the side of my nose as a cystic acne. I usually do not get cystic pimples but this one in particular formed in a very visible area; as you can tell by my previous description, this has taken a severe toll on my self esteem and my ability to focus on other things....

Anyway, beyond this rant there is a point...I've been using the refining mask from Proactiv as a spot treatment before I go to sleep for a while. I believe it has been the main reason why I have been able to have a relatively acne free skin until today...But I guess even its effectiveness has not been able to stop every pimple from forming... recently, I started to put the mask onto my pimples in the daytime, in very light brushes of course to keep it from being too noticeable...But I'm not sure if its helping, hurting, or doing something to my skin in the process....

I just want to find an effective way to get rid of my pimples, and especially this cystic pimple on my nose, as soon as possible so I can get on with the more important things I need to tend to...

If you guys could offer some insight, it would be much appreciated. Thank You.

Hello all,

I was wondering if anyone had tips to get rid of mild acne without using products like benzoyl peroxide. I have tried using different percentage dosages of benzoyl peroxide and have just recently learned that I am allergic to the product.

The more and more I think about it, my personality does not allow me to deal with acne well. It is to the point where I obsess about my skin (it like takes up my thoughts), even though my acne is not that bad. Whether it be one pimple, or a few on my forehead, a pimple is a pimple to me and I am angered, exhausted, and depressed whenever they form.

I've had a few good months of being relatively pimple free but over the past week or so, I've been getting a few pimples in spots that I had not gotten in the past. One in particular grew on the side of my nose as a cystic acne. I usually do not get cystic pimples but this one in particular formed in a very visible area; as you can tell by my previous description, this has taken a severe toll on my self esteem and my ability to focus on other things....

Anyway, beyond this rant there is a point...I've been using the refining mask from Proactiv as a spot treatment before I go to sleep for a while. I believe it has been the main reason why I have been able to have a relatively acne free skin until today...But I guess even its effectiveness has not been able to stop every pimple from forming... recently, I started to put the mask onto my pimples in the daytime, in very light brushes of course to keep it from being too noticeable...But I'm not sure if its helping, hurting, or doing something to my skin in the process....

I just want to find an effective way to get rid of my pimples, and especially this cystic pimple on my nose, as soon as possible so I can get on with the more important things I need to tend to...

If you guys could offer some insight, it would be much appreciated. Thank You.

Hey there,

Sounds like to have VERY mild acne and that, like you say, your perception of it is rather distorted...I would recommend the following:

1) Come off that face mask and try giving your skin a break. Sometimes the more you do, the more you aggravate it. Just stick to cleansing twice a day with warm water and a nice gentle lotion, and as you're allergic to BP I'd suggest you see a dermatologist ASAP before taking any wrong decisions (believe me ive self-prescribed before and it didnt help...)

2) See a dermatologist- they will give you the right treatment, you will stick to a daily regime, and you'll be able to go on with your life as you'll know you're doing something about it, and following the advice of a professional. Don't miss your appointments once your skin's better as the follow-up is ESSENTIAL to keeping it under control FOR GOOD!

3) Find other things to focus on. Stay away from mirrors, and be kind to yourself. Acne happens, it is VERY common, and it is not your fault AT ALL. All you can do it be patient, and give it an intelligent approach. You might get the occasional spot until you're in your mid-twenties, like 85% or so of the population do...so please although i KNOW it's hard, take a step back and gain some objectivity and perspective on it. Be aware that it's all being magnified through your eyes right now.

So take action, and go out there and enjoy yourself!! Life's way too short, and always remember that NO-ONE sees what you see! People couldn't care LESS if you have a few spots around your face-it's totally normal and unimportant!

Wish you ALL the best and don't let a TINY imperfection such as this get you down and make you miss out on life :)