Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

no matter how many times I say that I am going to stop picking I never do, I know that it s bad for me but i just cant stop! *sigh* I wish they had like a picking rehab or something. NOthing seems to motivate me to help me stop, and I am starting to get really scared because I am scarring and I am only 14! Picking used to feel so good when I was done, now i just feel disgusting. If anyone feels how I feel write about it or if you have some advice to help me stop could you plz give it?

I can't stop picking either..I even say out loud "don't do it" while looking in the mirror. Well I do it anyway, and after I've started I say "stop picking dumbass" and I still pick and pop and poke at every little thing I see. Then after I've turned 5 or 6 tiny bumps into huge, nasty zits I say "you fucking idiot" and life goes on.

I like popping the ones that are large and sensitive, cause I know it's going to be a good one. I hate to say this, but it hurts for the first millisecond, but boy does it feel good to get that gunk out. Sometimes it flies across and sticks to the mirror, haha, and seems to make a pore expanding and closing sound, hm.

Um i love picking, it's probably the funnest thing to do when I get back from school is just take out all my frustration out on that zit. It's like showing acne who's the boss.

I don't realize when I do it. I'll just be sitting, working on my homework or something and go "Darn!!!!!!! Not again!" My idea once was to cut my nails so I couldn't pick my skin. It worked pretty well!

lol, even if I cut my nails I always find away. A zit will drive me insane until I pop the little sucker

Hmm, this bothers me too. Just make sure that if you pop it you do it with CLEAN fingers and all that jazz because I have had a pimple last WAYYYY longer than it should have because it had gotten infected when I popped it.

I actually can't see why people say don't pop it, don't pop it.

Like I know scarring, but scarring only happens if you dive bomb the zit within its first few hours.

I have tested with both ways. I currently have a zit (invisible now but it was red for weeks) that I didn't pop and the bump has been there for probably 2 months. Now on the other hand I had a zit just last week at the same spot, just other side of my face; I popped it and it disappeared in about 5 days.

Every time I pop a zit (assuming it had a well formed head) it always heals and goes away faster. Now of course it's more painful, more blood, and the scabbing sucks but overall it seems better.

Sorry to make your dilemma worse there :P

I can't stop picking either..I even say out loud "don't do it" while looking in the mirror. Well I do it anyway, and after I've started I say "stop picking dumbass" and I still pick and pop and poke at every little thing I see. Then after I've turned 5 or 6 tiny bumps into huge, nasty zits I say "you fucking idiot" and life goes on.

I like popping the ones that are large and sensitive, cause I know it's going to be a good one. I hate to say this, but it hurts for the first millisecond, but boy does it feel good to get that gunk out. Sometimes it flies across and sticks to the mirror, haha, and seems to make a pore expanding and closing sound, hm.

:lol: :lol: :lol: I think boys are probably more open to talking about it :shifty:

i am addicted too but i won't go into detail like Mr. Erik :lol:

it's like the mirror pulls me in and once i am pulled in there's no turning back :doh:

Some just HAVE to be popped. I think if done properly it can help a big one heal faster.

:lol: :lol: :lol: I think boys are probably more open to talking about it :shifty:

i am addicted too but i won't go into detail like Mr. Eric :lol:

it's like the mirror pulls me in and once i am pulled in there's no turning back :doh:

Some just HAVE to be popped. I think if done properly it can help a big one heal faster.

these are acne forums, I don't think too many here will judge you :)

I don't think there's anything to stop it, lol. I use this stuff called sovereign silver after I pick them. It coagulates, or whatever you call it, quicker without the excess scabbing. It goes away faster and I seem to pick it less because the scab isn't quite as big. It's not a humongous difference, but it definitely helps.

I don't think there's anything to stop it, lol. I use this stuff called sovereign silver after I pick them. It coagulates, or whatever you call it, quicker without the excess scabbing. It goes away faster and I seem to pick it less because the scab isn't quite as big. It's not a humongous difference, but it definitely helps.

What is it, like a lotion? And where do you buy it?

It's called Sovereign Silver First Aid Gel, it's the texture of hair gel pretty much. It's mostly for healing open wounds and cuts quicker so you don't get an infection. But it can do the same thing for open and bleeding acne.

It's called Sovereign Silver First Aid Gel, it's the texture of hair gel pretty much. It's mostly for healing open wounds and cuts quicker so you don't get an infection. But it can do the same thing for open and bleeding acne.

I'm definitely going to have to look into that

I'm definitely going to have to look into that

ditto

i had no nails so it was easier to not pick but prod and squeeze at my face. I applied acrlic nails and me not being used to them its hard for me to do anything especially to my face. I also dont look in the mirror after washing my face or bathing that seems to work.

TO EVERYONE PLZ TRY UR BEST NOT TO PICK AT UR ACNE YOU WILL REGRET IT. I USED TO DO IT MYSELF WHEN I WAS 13. I ALWAYS USED TO DO IT THINKING THAT IT WOULD MAKE THEM GO AWAY FASTER BUT ITS BAD FOR YOU IN THE LONG RUN. NOW IM 16 AND HAVE ALOT OF SCARS ON MY CHEEKS AND TRUST ME THE SCARS ARE PERMANENT(unless you try surgery but even then it only improves them) AND I HAVE TO LIVE WITH THEM THE REST OF MY LIFE. ITS REALLY EMBARASSING AND ITS A 1000 TIMES WORSE THAN ACNE. IF YOU NEED MOTIVATION TRY PICTURING URSELF WITH ALOT OF HOLES IN UR FACE OR GO TO GOOGLE IMAGES AND TYPE IN SEVERE ACNE SCARRING.

GOOD LUCK

TO EVERYONE PLZ TRY UR BEST NOT TO PICK AT UR ACNE YOU WILL REGRET IT. I USED TO DO IT MYSELF WHEN I WAS 13. I ALWAYS USED TO DO IT THINKING THAT IT WOULD MAKE THEM GO AWAY FASTER BUT ITS BAD FOR YOU IN THE LONG RUN. NOW IM 16 AND HAVE ALOT OF SCARS ON MY CHEEKS AND TRUST ME THE SCARS ARE PERMANENT(unless you try surgery but even then it only improves them) AND I HAVE TO LIVE WITH THEM THE REST OF MY LIFE. ITS REALLY EMBARASSING AND ITS A 1000 TIMES WORSE THAN ACNE. IF YOU NEED MOTIVATION TRY PICTURING URSELF WITH ALOT OF HOLES IN UR FACE OR GO TO GOOGLE IMAGES AND TYPE IN SEVERE ACNE SCARRING.

GOOD LUCK

well, I have been trying to stop. It's just really hard, ya know?

picking is definitely like a drug!! now that i'm on accutane and don't have anything left to pick on my face, i pick at my dry lips til they bleed and i can't stop:(

picking is definitely like a drug!! now that i'm on accutane and don't have anything left to pick on my face, i pick at my dry lips til they bleed and i can't stop:(

lol, i pick at my lips to! the dry skin just bothers me until I peel it off