Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
CluelessTeen

Breaking out at 5th week

So 2 days ago I switched from the Neutrogena On the Spot cream to Dan's BP gel. It's my second day on it and I have gotten several new pimples from it. Is this normal and expected? Some of them are cystic acne too, but small. I'm used two pumps in the beginning but I switched to 1 1/2 pump since I think it's too much and maybe that was the reason for the breakout. Also, my entire face is still very red, people keep asking and staring at it. It's very embarrassing, any way to remedy this?

So 2 days ago I switched from the Neutrogena On the Spot cream to Dan's BP gel. It's my second day on it and I have gotten several new pimples from it. Is this normal and expected? Some of them are cystic acne too, but small. I'm used two pumps in the beginning but I switched to 1 1/2 pump since I think it's too much and maybe that was the reason for the breakout. Also, my entire face is still very red, people keep asking and staring at it. It's very embarrassing, any way to remedy this?

I'm not certain, but I think your skin is reacting to a change in BP formula. I'm not sure though, because it could also be your skin in the purging process. About the redness- Are you using a moisturizer?

I'm pretty sure I've seen some other threads about people breaking out a bit after switching from Neutrogena On The Spot to Dan's BP. It's making me really nervous, since I'm planning on switching over soon.

(Sigh.)