Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
edddyyy21

Washing in the morning

ive started to wake up recently in teh cold weather and my face doesnt have ANY oil on it. it looks really good.

But then obviously i wash my face like i always do with spectro jel and after that it looks terrible for a bit

Is it okay to just rinse my face with water in the mornings? because i think the wash in the morning with the cold weather is excessive.

anyone have any idea

accually i've come to find that washing your face as little as possible is Very good for your skin. Alot of people (including me) have found that the best "treatment" for acne is....nothing at all! using water and only water to rinse your face allows your skin to calm down and to repair itself naturally by not using chemicals to try to cure it.

Obviously washing your face in the morning is-a-must. However, try using lukewarm waters instead of your cleasner. This won't harm you, and by doing this you'll be able to tell if your cleanser is the origin of your problem!

Let me know how it goes...

Kathleen Leroi

Healthcare Advisor :surprised:

the thing is my skin got really dry just recently. once the cold weather hit. before this breakout i have not had one for a long time.

Im currently using the retin A every third night to try and reduce redness and dryness on my face, doesnt seem to be working, im getting this itch that i havennt felt in years!!!

Should i jsut cut out retina A? ive been using it for 4 years now and my problem still isnt solved..im thinking of just sticking to washing, aloa vera and shaving, which also helps for me

bad idea?

Obviously washing your face in the morning is-a-must.

I would argue that it isn't, especially not in cold weathers. The reason you would wash your face is so that it doesn't get too dirty/oily, which it is not likely to do overnight (or following day, if the climate is right).

Washing your face in the morning is important, but only depending on what regimen you are using. If you're using Dan's, then yes, a morning wash is important - but if you're going all naturual (just doing nothing) then a morning wash isn't such a big deal.

What are you currently doing to treat your skin?

i quit using retin-a 5 days ago and my skin is finnaly starting to even itself out and i hardly need to moisturize as much as before. I would just use a gentle cleanser morning and night and see if you are less dry

the thing is my skin got really dry just recently. once the cold weather hit. before this breakout i have not had one for a long time.

Im currently using the retin A every third night to try and reduce redness and dryness on my face, doesnt seem to be working, im getting this itch that i havennt felt in years!!!

Should i jsut cut out retina A? ive been using it for 4 years now and my problem still isnt solved..im thinking of just sticking to washing, aloa vera and shaving, which also helps for me

bad idea?

4 years and no improvement? definitely a no-go. And thats NOT a bad idea. I say go for it!

thanks for the responces!!

well in the warmer weather i used retin A everyother day

i shaved every day (which also dry's out my skin)

i washed my face morning and night with spectro jel (very light)

and i used aloa vera gel to moisturize day and night.

Not much

as i came home today my skin is definetly breaking out because of dryness, what would you guys recommend i change??

I changed it to using retin a every third night and i am only washing my face with water in the morning.

You guys have any further recommendations??

not really helping too much so far..

Hmm. I've noticed also that in the cold weather my skin is pretty dry. If I wash it with Cetaphil soap, it gets even drier. So then I put a moisturizer on it, but it tends to turn redder if I do that. :( I think it's alright to only rinse with water, but make sure the water is warm, not hot and not cold. Sorry, that's not much help, but yeah.. Oh, and don't run a washcloth over your face or anything, it'll just irritate it. God I hate dry weather.

Make sure that if your face is drying out, you use a moisturizer... I use this Kiss my Face crap that smells really good and says it won't clog your pores, or the Cetaphil moisturizer, but that tends to make my face shiny and I HATE that.

thanks for the responces!!

well in the warmer weather i used retin A everyother day

i shaved every day (which also dry's out my skin)

i washed my face morning and night with spectro jel (very light)

and i used aloa vera gel to moisturize day and night.

Not much

as i came home today my skin is definetly breaking out because of dryness, what would you guys recommend i change??

I changed it to using retin a every third night and i am only washing my face with water in the morning.

You guys have any further recommendations??

not really helping too much so far..

Hey man,

Every person is different, so I don't want to tell you what to do and what not to do, but I can tell you what worked and didn't work for me. About a year ago, I managed to completely mess up my skin by doing the Daniel Kern regimen. I saw you lived in Canada. I live in Sweden, and it's obvious that the whole acne discussion doesn't focus a lot on our climate, which is crucial to our skin. Just as much as it can be caused by hot weather, humidity, sun, oiliness etc., it can also be worsened by cold, dry weather.

I was breaking out worse and worse until I started using only a mild cleanser (twice a day, but once would have been enough) and then a moisturizer. I didn't have any problem whatsoever until next summer (except for red marks), when all those tiny white dots beneath the skin that form because of dryness were "forced out" by humidity.

Result of drying out my skin ONE YEAR AGO: Battling with the red marks of last summer's acne (as a result of the drying) TODAY.