Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
psc

Getting rid of the red marks left behind?

some of my whiteheads have cleared but they left red marks behind which don't seem to be going away. The skin is totally clear but it is red so it basically looks like the pimples are still there.

How can I get rid of the red marks?

advice please?

Those are most likely post inflammatory marks. I have them too they eventually go away on their own but I decided to do a glycolic peel and with 2 microdermabrasions they have lightened up considerably. I suggest incorporating a mild glycolic cleanser at least 2x per week, a light oil free moisturizer and oil free non waterproof sunscreen. :cool:

Thank you for the advice. sorry but ...what is ACV?

and what do I do with the lemon juice? put it on with a cotton ball or something?

Thank you for the advice. sorry but ...what is ACV?

and what do I do with the lemon juice? put it on with a cotton ball or something?

ACV = Apple Cider Vinegar

& with the lemon juice you can dilute it a bit with water, and yes, dip a piece of cotton into it and put over your face after you've washed it.

like a toner.

After the spot has gone it usually takes a month or two for the red mark to fade away. If it doesn't I recommend something called TCA which you can buy off ebay. You have to be careful because it's a strong acid but it is a miracle worker.