Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Jonima

Meditation?

I recently saw Deepak Chopra on Conan O'Brien the other night. I was relaxed by his voice and was intrigued by his breathing methods. So i looked him up on google, then on to youtube! So i saw this one particular string of videos on meditation and its benefits, and the benefits sounded just fantastic.

I have also read/heard that reduced stress can lead to less breakouts.

I am 17 and i am sure that my acne is hereditary because my dad had horrible cystic acne from teens into 20's and he has scars still today (he is 55). I also think my acne is a result of puberty and overactive sebacious glands. I have read enough on it and other ridiculous causes like diet and crap. Enough of that, I'm an athlete and I eat right and exercise more than enough (and yes water). And stress i know plays a huge role in this hopefully temporary phase of my life. I am 17, hence school, hence a TON OF HOMEWORK, hence less sleep, hence stress! So i know meditating would relieve my problems and stress.

Does anybody know about this topic of meditating pertaining to acne?

Has anybody tried this method and seen results (negative or positive)?

I recently saw Deepak Chopra on Conan O'Brien the other night. I was relaxed by his voice and was intrigued by his breathing methods. So i looked him up on google, then on to youtube! So i saw this one particular string of videos on meditation and its benefits, and the benefits sounded just fantastic.

I have also read/heard that reduced stress can lead to less breakouts.

I am 17 and i am sure that my acne is hereditary because my dad had horrible cystic acne from teens into 20's and he has scars still today (he is 55). I also think my acne is a result of puberty and overactive sebacious glands. I have read enough on it and other ridiculous causes like diet and crap. Enough of that, I'm an athlete and I eat right and exercise more than enough (and yes water). And stress i know plays a huge role in this hopefully temporary phase of my life. I am 17, hence school, hence a TON OF HOMEWORK, hence less sleep, hence stress! So i know meditating would relieve my problems and stress.

Does anybody know about this topic of meditating pertaining to acne?

Has anybody tried this method and seen results (negative or positive)?

Oh yea, search some of my posts, ive written alot about it.

I specifically recommend adding mantras to your regimen, the power of sound has an effect on your brain and endocrine system.

here one of my posts, but there are alot of other ramblings of mine, but i would specifically call them mine as i have gathered much information from other more educated people.

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/Principle...li-t218100.html

i definitely believe meditating could have a positive effect for acne!

i have tried meditating a bunch of times in thailand at resorts even with monks helping me and everything--and all i have to say is good luck. it's tough! it's harder than it looks to be able to concentrate and relax like that..

i definitely believe meditating could have a positive effect for acne!

i have tried meditating a bunch of times in thailand at resorts even with monks helping me and everything--and all i have to say is good luck. it's tough! it's harder than it looks to be able to concentrate and relax like that..

a tip i can give you is to try mantras if you havent, and also to think of it as the experiance of nothingness, when you see that it can be an experiance of nothingness, you will see that it requires you to do absolutly nothing at all.

Meditation seems to be a broad term, there are many variations, india is a massive place.

thank you mr AnonymousOne1980 and sophiena1143.

i did go on accutane.

3 months, got off cuz of anger. now its back.

i definitely love your regimen Mr anonymous. i will try some of your methods, some of which i am already doing.

i tried reading one of his "live longer younger" books and it was too weird for me to take seriously so i didn't finish it.

i listen to hypnotizing mp3's on my ipod while i go to sleep and i tend to feel more refreshed in the morning. i don't think i could sit down right now and meditate without it being a long nap.

but that's just me.

thank you mr AnonymousOne1980 and sophiena1143.

i did go on accutane.

3 months, got off cuz of anger. now its back.

i definitely love your regimen Mr anonymous. i will try some of your methods, some of which i am already doing.

i havent updated my signature that appears under my post so thats not exactly what im doing right now, and yes my latest posts are the most recent updates to my regimen. My opinions ive tried to based strictly on my own very good observations on my own life as well as many books that i have begun to read. Thats doesnt mean they will cure you though but ive scoured the earth for real answers to all this stuff, and ive even tried accutane but had problems in the second week so had to quit. Since then ive gone as far a to learn about the scientific method and scientific thinking itself, so that im almost one step ahead of even the scientists and researchers. Well thats my intent anyways.

i tried reading one of his "live longer younger" books and it was too weird for me to take seriously so i didn't finish it.

i listen to hypnotizing mp3's on my ipod while i go to sleep and i tend to feel more refreshed in the morning. i don't think i could sit down right now and meditate without it being a long nap.

but that's just me.

what interesting is that sometimes doing something that you really love to do, its similar to meditating as you tune the world out completly and forget about whatever you were worried about. I think great positive or truly intimate social interaction is better then meditation actually. When you are with someone you totally dig, nothing else really matters.

what interesting is that sometimes doing something that you really love to do, its similar to meditating as you tune the world out completly and forget about whatever you were worried about. I think great positive or truly intimate social interaction is better then meditation actually. When you are with someone you totally dig, nothing else really matters.

its hard to find people that you can have positive or intimate social interaction. Or maybe its just hard for me? LOL

Medidating does change one's body. Some [real] doctors at th Benson-Henry Institute for Mind Body Medicine have been studying the effects of the relaxation response (a kind of very simple yet effective mediation) on the human body, and they've found pretty interesting things.

The relaxation response is a physical state of deep rest that changes the physical and emotional responses to stress (e.g., decreases in heart rate, blood pressure, rate of breathing, and muscle tension).

When eliciting the relaxation response:

Your metabolism decreases

Your heart beats slower and your muscles relax

Your breathing becomes slower

Your blood pressure decreases

Your levels of nitric oxide are increased

If practiced regularly, it can have lasting effects. Elicitation of the relaxation response is at the heart of the BHI's research and clinical mind/body program