Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Awesome job. I agree with the method of playing up up a feature to downplay your acne. (You do your eyes. I do my lips.)

Holy Crap! thats amazing:).....big huge round of applause to you! is that a daily rountine? how long does it take?? i'd spend a little more mirror time if i came out looking half as good as that!

haha it does a take a little extra time in morning. I takes me about 30 mins to do FULL makeup (including eye makeup). Definitely give it a try! I've posted a detailed description of my technique... its not hard... just takes a slight learning curve.

yeah ive considered false eye lashes... but i dunno much about them. my eyelashes arent falling out as much this week.... so hopefully they will start growing back!!

haha thanks... i wouldnt be envious... its like a ball and chain! i wish i didnt have to wear makeup at all! maybe someday i'll know what its like. but for now, im greatful that i can sort of hide my acne

You look great! I am going to look for the foundation you use. Hopefully, Estee Lauder will have

a good color match for my skin!

I think you should write a book or something. It's amazing!

I'm a boy and even Double Wear Light looks too cackey and unnatural on my face..so I use much lighter one(Bourjois 10-hours sleep effect) and it barely covers spots..

Question: Do you use concealer after the foundation, or before?

i only use the powder concealer on the spots that the foundation DIDNT cover. i dont use "concealer" on every red mark/pimple... the foundation does a pretty good job of covering them. but sometimes the liquid foundation doesnt stick to the "raw spots" and the powder does. so use that AFTER the foundation

elf salad- yes this topic was moved from the emo forum.

ihatemyuglyskin- thanks for the compliment!! you should definitely try this technique. or at least try Este Lauder Double Wear... its not cheap but if you dont like it, you can return it no questions asked. accutane was kicking my ass the first 2-3 months! my acne didnt look that bad before... but accutane brought everything to the surface. its getting a lot better now though. i wouldnt even leave my house if i didnt have a good makeup routine

My God this is amazing! I wish i were half as good as you!

My make up routine takes me about 1-1.5 hrs each morning and it's nowhere near as flawless as yours! (i use MAC SFF, Everyday Minerals green concealer, MAC SF concealer and Rimmel London's Translucent loose powderand some Fix+ lol)

Sometimes it looks okay, sometimes it looks slightly cakey, sometimes patchy, sometimes there's just not enough coverage...but i don't know what it is because i use the same technique everyday =S

Maybe it's because i need more practice - i changed my foundation and concealer only a couple weeks back so maybe i need to play around with it more and see what technique works best..

Do you use a primer? Currently i'm using Laura Mercier's oil-free primer but i don't like it much..thinking about trying Smashbox photofinish..

Again, you're amazing! and good luck with the accutane! ;)

You look great! I would never have known you have acne!!

I'm so jealous you can wear Double Wear!! I have tried to get a colour match but none of them do! I must have taken home around 10 sample shades, I'm in between most of them. I have to stick with Revlon Colorstay for now, at least it matches my skin :)

Good luck! I'm on isotane(/accutane) too, but only just started.

Colourful- no i dont use a primer... just a mild face lotion. finding the right makeup is soooo hard! especially when you had acne. its like a ball and chain lol

flowerfield- yeah i am between shade of Double Wear right now... so ive just been mixing 2 together to get the right shade. its easier in the summer when im tan so i dont have to mix them! finding the right color is such a nightmare!

your skills are phenomenal! because of this post i decided to buy the same foundation and i am very happy with it. i just hope i can replicate at home what the saleslady did today. i was wondering.. do you know if this gives you that ghostly look when you take pictures with a flash in a dark area? i really hate that!

i know what you are talkin about... and no this foundation looks great in pictures... light or dark places. its really photo friendly. i would recommend using a foundation brush to get a smooth even coverage. the lady at este lauder got me hooked on it! good luck!! i hope you are happy with it! i would also recommend a face wash scrub... it helps take off the makeup better (it really lasts alllllll day)

i think i spoke too soon, i went tanning (i know its really bad for you!) and when i looked in the mirror afterwards i noticed that the makeup on my chin area looked dry and cakey and my nose was shiny! my forehead was pretty nice though.. i'm kind of dissapointed. maybe the tester bottle that the saleslady used was a little older and therefore drier? i dont know but i had to wash it off because it was not cute.

what shade do u wear adrienne just out of curiosity? we look aout the same, i mean id def get a shade test 1st but just wondering :)

acneisdumb.... i would never tan with makeup on!! thats asking for a breakout! tanning beds get hot and make your pores open so the makeup can clog your pores (even if it says it wont). give double wear a chance (with out tanning with it on) lol. or at least cover your face with a towel. i have bought a bottle of makeup that seemed kind of thick so i returned it... if you arent happy... take it back and ask for another bottle. ive noticed that some shades seem thicker than others... weird right? if you want less coverage, try Double Wear Light... its not as thick

*MEaGAiN*...I have cool undertones (pink in my skin) so i usually wear 2C1 Dusk... but since i quit tanning ive been mixing a TINY bit of 1C1 Shell with it (it is waaaay too light on its own). they go up by 1,2,3 according to your skin tone (1 being the lightest). so Dusk would probably work for you too

oh cool thanks i was just curious. i want to go get it now but i dont want a shade match test until i clear up a bit (mostly just a billion red marks) dont wanna scare the makeup artist hah jk but yea ill prob wait like a week then get it since everyone loves it so much.

holy smokes girl. i would dream to be able to get that result. it's always splotchy for me. i'm too scared to use liquid foundation but i know mineral powders were not made for my dry skin at all.