Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Should i take Zinc or Vitamin E to help red marks on my face left from acne? could i take them both? or just one? and which one?

can somone give me some information and suggestions?

thanks.

Hi Nick,

I have a son named Nick too...Just had to pu that in there.

My other son is 15, he was on accutane fr eight months. During that time I had him start on 1 zinc pill, 2 vit.E pills and 1 vit.c Ester. I believe it helped a lot. He is post accutane for little over three months now and I still have him take them. His red marks have faded a lot since stopping accutane. There are several that are remaining. I guess time helps. Taking these supplements cant hurt you so give it a shot. It takes awhile so be patient. Good luck!

so one 100 Mg Zinc, 2 400 IU Vitamin E and what about the Vitamin C?

is there anyhitng else that is benificial that i may want to use?

HeNick,

I sent you a message and answered your questions. Hope it helped. I forgot to say...Stay out of the sun. I had my son put sunblock on every morning before he left. We live in Florida and they would get worse and stay so much longer when we were at the beach or water parks. I was so glad when school started and he was indoors. What a difference in how much faster they faded.

hello iv only started taking Zinc and Multi-Vitamins....and i think its too early to say if its doing anything.

But i hav heard a lot of ppl saying that they do help you a lot.

I guess it dosnt hurt to try it out.

I take one 50 Mg Zinc, two-200 IU Vitamin E and it seems that is working. Remember not to take so much Zinc.

Yeah, 100mg is to much. Take about 50mg. 15mg is how much Zinc you should take in a day. But, 50mg is good. Thats how much I take. Vitamin C should 1000mg pills. Also B-5 (Panotheric Acid) is also beneficial to diminishing red marks.

Regarding Vitamin E, make sure you don't take too much, as it's a fat soluble vitamin and therefore stays in your system longer.