Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
db2xs

the liver

Everyone knows the liver is the filter system of the body. I'm debating doing a liver cleanse. I'm sure my liver hates me.

I used to be into partying and did lots of drugs, etc., which i no longer do. I wonder how much that has debilitated my liver. All my friends tell me that after nights of partying or drinking, they notice changes in their skin.

I also just got into a major accident about a month ago, which got me into the hospital for a week, and they were pumping me with morphine and dilaudid, and then i had to take vicodin for one or two weeks after that. My skin is a mess and has gotten ten times worse than normal. My skin is constantly awful, actually, and a big part of me attributes it to my liver.

I also take other medications, which i am trying to get off of. I've decided to get off all medication, although I am going to see a derm soon and ask about accutane (irony, isn't it, my wanting to cleanse my liver and yet take accutane)

i'm wondering if anyone else thinks the same about the liver or what their thoughts are on it.

what other meds are you taking? are they anti-depressants? why would you even consider accutane if you're worried about your liver health?...

I might do a liver flush in a few days. it'll be my first time, if i go through with it. i worry about my liver all the time. I used to do a lot of drugs too. and i was a smoker for 12 years (i quit this year). Now, i'm battling to get healthy again.

Yes, as i wrote, it is an irony that i want to do a liver cleanse yet take accutane as well.

I definitely support you in your battle to quit smoking. I have decided to stop anything and everything recreational (not that i do it all the time, because i don't, nor do i even do it a lot)--drink alcohol or even smoke the occasional doob.

I know a couple of people who have done the liver cleanse. They tell me that they feel better afterward but i don't think they had acne problems. I want to do it this weekend, but i'm doing the family thing and there is talk of special meals, etc.

I definitely believe--at least for me--most of my acne problems at this point are internally related. I think that detoxing the liver would help out immensely. I've been a vegetarian for years and somewhat of a health food nut so i don't have to worry about the junk food aspect.

i can only read and post on so many of these "cleanse" articles, but pleeease see a doctor before you decide to do anything. you can really do serious damage, especially with as much punishment as your body has already taken, by getting your "information" from friends or the internet. trust the professionals who have been studying this stuff their whole lives, not someone who read one article online

Ever thought that most of us are here went for the first 10 years to "the professionals who have been studying this stuff their whole lives". But since their "educated" advice did nothing to us we had to turn for others for advice.

I for one I'm glad I did that. I'm clear and far healthier now than I ever was when I allowed a doctor to see me. Nowadays I only go to a doctor if I have an accident or break a bone. I'll let them fix the body and then leave the hospital before they have a change to kill me with their educated and researched therapies :D

that makes so much sense! im going to quit taking my car to the mechanic, ill just fix the brakes myself. ill only go to the mechanic to fix my car when i CRASH IT. even though i absolutely love to be right, i still hope you do not end up killing yourself with your self-righteous conspiracy theories. good luck.

The difference between a mechanic and a doctor is that the mechanic has a proven track record of knowing what they are doing and delivering results. Something the Western medicine lacks. Which is why we are here, because doctors and Western medicine failed to deliver the results were after.

I don't think you'll find a single active person here who hasn't been to a derm for at least 10 times and been through many antibiotics and other prescription drugs.

Which was the point of my earlier post. You telling people to "trust the professionals who have been studying this stuff their whole lives, not someone who read one article online" doesn't offer much value because most of us have already done that. It didn't work. That's why we are here. If it did work this community wouldn't exist.

it sucks that doctors dont fully understand how to get rid of all types of acne. i realize doctors dont know everything, but they know more than we do. the main disanalogy between mechanics and doctors is that the human body is infinitely more complex than a car. me personally, i choose to trust those with the most experience. however, i do sympathize with your situation after having them fail you for so long. i can tell you not to give up, but i havent been in your shoes and i cant fully know what its like. it is my humble opinion that continuing to trust doctors is the wise thing to do, but your situation is clearly different than mine and i certainly have to respect your opinion. i hope that whatever you do, even if i wouldnt do it myself, works out the for the best. good luck.

that makes so much sense! im going to quit taking my car to the mechanic, ill just fix the brakes myself. ill only go to the mechanic to fix my car when i CRASH IT. even though i absolutely love to be right, i still hope you do not end up killing yourself with your self-righteous conspiracy theories. good luck.

But they also give out antibiotics like candy... surely that can't be healthy?

About cleanses... the first time I ever did one, I got very good results and felt amazing afterwards, but the second one I did a few months later didn't really do anything.

I've done 2 so far and will be starting my next one this week. My colonics therapist recommends: The amazing liver & gallbladder flush by Andreas Moritz.

Although you may see improvement after one cleanse most of us need any where from 8-12 cleanses to clean out our livers.

I've been on accutane 2x, and minocycline, doxy, etc. My skin is improving, but I just wanted to let you know it's not a quick fix. And yes this is one of the best cleanses out there from my research and I highly recommend it. You could read reviews on it on amazon.com. My holistic doctor also recommended a very aggressive series of liver cleanses for your skin and well being. My facial acne is almost gone (baking soda as my cleanser keeps me clear), my body acne is now under control.

Lexi that sounds amazing. Thanx for your input!

I think the mechanic vs. doctor argument is a tad tit for tat. As i said previously, I have had friends who have done the liver cleanse as recommended by holistic doctors, and they said they felt better. I wanted to ask if anyone on this forum has tried it before and noticed any changes with their skin. This is a forum to ask and be informed and to learn and to support and empathise--or am i wrong?

For the record, I even bought Zeno under the coercing of a dermatologist (free microbrasion with my purchase woo hoo). I wonder if anyone has had any success with at one--i would zap zits and they would still come, so it was completely useless for me.