Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
TheHonoraryLoli

Advice on Washing Off Make-Up!

So, I have loved the advice that Dan has on face-washing tips, and so far washing my face twice daily without a wash cloth is working great for me, and I haven't even had to change the rest of my acne regimen; however, there is one problem that I can't seem to figure out for the life of me. How can I only wash my face twice a day if I decide to wear make-up out and come back before I wash my face in the PM? For example, if I wear make-up to work, then get off at six - am I expected to keep the make-up on until I go to sleep? I have extremely sensitive skin and even the most gentle and light bits of make-up that I can possibly wear tend to break me out if left on too long. Could I go against his advice and wash it three times a day if I wear make-up out, or is it best to wait anyways? \:

Any advice on this would be greatly appreciated! (:

Go ahead and wash it off. I don't think it's going to have as much of a negative effect on your skin if you decide to wash once more than usual as it would if you left on makeup that you know will irritate your skin.

If your skin is that sensitive to the make-up, then wash lightly when you need to take it off. Dan also suggests washing less than 10 seconds, but on days when I'm wearing heavier makeup, I often have to wash longer than 10 seconds - so it's about what you need to do to make it work. Just definately don't BP more than twice a day!

Thanks for the advice! That makes me feel a lot better about it now. I don't use BP, so no worries there. (: But, it's nice to know I can still get all the make-up off with washing rather than sitting around waiting for the right time. Whew.