Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Feeling ill after a deep-tissue massage

On Wednesday evening, I had a G5 deep-tissue massage at my local salon which lasted about an hour.

For those who don't know, G5 is an electrical devise which goes deep into the muscle and releases bad knots. However, the following day (yesterday), I woke up feeling incredibly ill and spent most of the afternoon in bed.

Today, I feel back to normal, but am suffering a major spot break-out.

Is there is a connection? I have another appointment in the first week of January and am wondering whether to cancel!

I would think so. Here's a suggestion drink plenty of water b4 and following your massage. Also, perform an enema after the massage, preferably 3-4 liters of good quality water. I think all that would help.

Not doing a massage to me is not a solution because IMHO you derive a lot more good from one than bad.

Seems that I should have drunk a lot more water.

an enema?? :eh:

When I went in for a massage a couple of years ago, the masseuse told me to drink a LOT of water during the day or two after, since deep-tissue massages release all the toxins that have been building up in those tensed muscles back into your body, and you need to kind of flush them out. I'm guessing that that's what made you feel sick, and now those toxins might be manifesting themselves as a breakout.

I have had tight muscle problems since I was 17 and found deep tissue massage helpful. But the most helpful for completely relaxing muscles and getting rid of ALL tension is needling. This is where acupuncture needles are inserted actually into the muscles. The muscles have no other option but to contract round the needle. The needle is then taken out and the muscles completely relax. U can achieve from 5 minutes of needling what would take hours with sports massage.

Not to be confused with acupuncture where the needles barely penetrate the skin.

I don't care what anybody says, muscles, and your body in general, definitely stores toxins and the body is not always renewing itself.

YOU are proof, plus I know somebody who occasionally did cocaine. When this person would get a message like you had, they would get high again from all of the stored drugs and such being released back into their system.

As far as the enema is conserned, Dr. Dru says that the colon might as well be outside of the body, meaning that one waste gets there, it dosn't leak back into your body or anything. I would still reccomend cleansing with fluids, and you may need more magnesium to prevent the cramping in the first place.

Finally, good nutrition in general should help you metabolise some of that acid.