Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Skiz

Revisiting Roasted Nuts (Almonds in my case)

So everything i've read and searched on here talks about how roasted almonds are bad compared to raw ones. Can anyone explain why?

I've seen some people say that they don't soak the almonds to get out the enzyme inhibitors that make them hard to digest, but this site says roasting them does that for you:

This is one of the benefits to eating roasted nuts, since the enzyme inhibitors are destroyed during the roasting process. To destroy these compounds, raw foodists generally soak their nuts and seeds in water prior to eating.

We have chosen to use roasted nuts so that they will be more easily digested, while still getting the health benefits of these foods.

And fom everything i'm reading about the corn malodextrin, it sounds pretty safe. It says that that ingredient is almost always used in miniscule amounts, and it is also naturally made from corn and is gluten free. IT obviously doesn't have a big effect of the carb amount, so it seems fine to me.

It's a powder (that I don't even see or notice), not an oil, by the way.

I'm going to keep eating them because they are really good, filling, healthy, and come in a nice little cup case thingy so they are a really convenient snack. Assuming we get a decent amount of Omega 3's in ou diet, which most of us on this forum do, I think we can reap some benefits of the vitamin E, fiber, and low carb content, especially if they are more easily digestible (even though many people assumed they weren't).

Edit: And if your skinny like me, i'm sure you'll love the high protein and good fat content.

And fom everything i'm reading about the corn malodextrin, it sounds pretty safe. It says that that ingredient is almost always used in miniscule amounts, and it is also naturally made from corn and is gluten free. IT obviously doesn't have a big effect of the carb amount, so it seems fine to me.

It's a powder (that I don't even see or notice), not an oil, by the way.

I'm going to keep eating them because they are really good, filling, healthy, and come in a nice little cup case thingy so they are a really convenient snack. Assuming we get a decent amount of Omega 3's in ou diet, which most of us on this forum do, I think we can reap some benefits of the vitamin E, fiber, and low carb content, especially if they are more easily digestible (even though many people assumed they weren't).

Edit: And if your skinny like me, i'm sure you'll love the high protein and good fat content.

I love almond butter RAW and Organic Peanut butter ( the one i buy has no salt BUT TASTE so good :P )

none of this butters has salt whuch is good :)

if ur allergic to peanuts , then i am sorry :(

Thread is ancient but Im really looking into this right now

I know that sunbutter broke me out terribly but Im wondering if Almond Butter will have the same effects and if I can balance the high omega 6 with canned salmon and high omega 3 intake.