Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

hey guys, so i was just thinking...if i was clear of acne, would i actually give a girl with the same severity of acne as me a chance to be my girlfriend...and ive realised that i would not.

thing is im someone who is very paranoid so i wold actually think the worst about sitiuation...i know it may sound vane but is jus how i am..even if i know deep inside of me that she should get a chance because maybe for example her personality was immaculate..i still would not. and this is what eats up at me and maybe makes me think im horrible, AND should not get a chance with certain females i like, and puts me off talking to them because of my paranoia

ANYWAYS ENOUGHT OF ME BLABBERING...

THE KEY QUESTION IS ''IF YOU WERE CLEAR, WOULD YOUR GIVE A GIRL/GUY WHO HAD SAME ACNE SEVERITY AS YOU..NO MATTER HOW GOOD THEY WOULD LOOK HAD THEY NOT HAD THE ACNE PROBLEM, A CHANCE TO BE YOUR GIRLFRIEND/BOYFRIEND?''

P.s... i know alot of people would like to immagine they would and that its the inside that counts and all but, please think about this properly and answer it honestly!

thanks!

And yes for me.

This answer goes deeper. It is not acne that has been my biggest problem in life - the same questions could be further asked of me:

Would I be willing to date someone who had, at one point, been a junkie but now has their life in order? Yes.

Would I be willing to date someone who had, at one point, utterly insane with all of the emotional baggage that an abused childhood can bring but had worked through it? Yes.

Would I be willing to date someone who had, at one point or even currently, severe acne? The answer is yes.

It's not that you find them personally so unnattractive - it's that they remind you OF YOU, when YOU felt unattractive.They remind you of a time in your life that you felt useless, wasted, and broken. That's the real problem. I have faced this problem time and time again in choosing friends who remind me of the old Elsewhere, and have had a hard time letting them into my life.

But that was me, not them. And that's you - not them. If you can make that distinction, then it's easier to work through it and see them for THEM.

Although I may possibly not find them so attractive at first - learning more about them would probaly completely change that.

For me, people are made even more beautiful in my eyes when I feel like their heart is beautiful.

:)

Yes, I would definitely date a guy with acne. But it's like Elsewhere said it's hard to be around someone who reminds you of a part of yourself you don't like. So I understand where you're coming from but I think it's unfortunate you feel that way.

i would giv them a chance, acne is my most confidence basher, it makes me feel worthless and shitty, i guess for me it is that i would giv them a chance if i found a girl who had acne but i thought she was cute or pretty but only had acne i would giv her a chance because i know how it feels and so i wouldnt care if they did or no