Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Cookie16

Hair Question...

Hi Guys!

Thank gosh there is a board all about accutane because you guys are all saints for your advice and knowledge. Anyways, I'm starting accutane in 2 weeks and just had a quick question. I have such an oily face and hair. Its awful! I have to wash my hair everyday and if I don't by the 2nd day it looks like my hair is wet because my scalp gets so oily (gross I know - sorry)

and for my face you can basically see your reflection in the oil on my face its awful. Anyways I was just wondering for those who have been on or are on tane if the oiliness in my hair and face goes away while on the tane? And after you've finished your treatment did the oiliness come back? and if it did come back was it as bad as it was in the begining (before you started accutane)

Thank you guys so much for all you help and advice!!!

Happy Thanksgiving to Everyone!! :)

im on 80mg/day and im in my 3rd month. I also had EXTREMELY oily face and hair... i had to blot the oil off my face every 30 mins it seemed like. my face and hair stopped getting oily in the 1st week... that was the 1st thing i noticed. now i can go ALLLLLL day without ANY shine on my face at all or my hair getting oily. its amazing. my chest and back also cleared up completely in the 1st week. however, my face is still not clear and worse than ever. i know it is working... it just takes time so i gotta be patient.

Hi Guys!

Thank gosh there is a board all about accutane because you guys are all saints for your advice and knowledge. Anyways, I'm starting accutane in 2 weeks and just had a quick question. I have such an oily face and hair. Its awful! I have to wash my hair everyday and if I don't by the 2nd day it looks like my hair is wet because my scalp gets so oily (gross I know - sorry)

and for my face you can basically see your reflection in the oil on my face its awful. Anyways I was just wondering for those who have been on or are on tane if the oiliness in my hair and face goes away while on the tane? And after you've finished your treatment did the oiliness come back? and if it did come back was it as bad as it was in the begining (before you started accutane)

Thank you guys so much for all you help and advice!!!

Happy Thanksgiving to Everyone!! :)

Hello Cookie16,

I will be happy to answer your question. I too, have incredibly oily skin just like you. I take accutane and am about to start my fourth month so I can only answer half of your question. Yes the accutane will certainly drastically reduce the oil production on your face. My skin is the driest is has ever been in my life. I did not think anything was capable of doing this. Now I do not have the same issues with my hair. My hair is naturally dry, so I have contantly keep it moisturized conditioned regularly anyway. You do not have to experience dry hair because not everyone does, but you should probably expect some of the oil to be reduced on your hair and scalp as well. Since I have not finished, I can not say as to whether or not it comes back. From reviewing the comments of accutane users, for the most part the oiliness does not come back as bad as before, but it is possible. I hope this has helped you some in making your decision.