Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
wiscoguy28

Product that has helped me remove flakes

I haven't read any posts about this product, so I thought I would add one. There is a product that I like to use during the cleansing process that helps me remove some dead skin cells. It's the Aveda Facial Shammy. It's very soft, smooth, and doesn't irritate my skin. I use it to remove the cleanser after washing my face. What's nice about it is that when it's wet it incredibly soft, then when it dries it becomes hard which supposedly keeps bacteria out for the next use. Once wet again it becomes soft. Keep in mind that it isn't going to remove all flakes, but I have noticed some improvement. For how long it lasts, it's relatively inexpensive...about $9. It can be washed in an ordinary washing machine, but doesn't need to be washed after each use. I haven't washed mine yet and haven't noticed any residue from previous uses.

I originally got it because I used Clean and Clear Cream Cleanser for Sensitive Skin, which doesn't come off clean with just water and I didn't want to risk applying too much pressure with my hands, so the shammy came in handy.

Just thought I would throw this out there for everyone as an option. For those who have tried it, or do use it...What do you think?