Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Ally

Has anyone tried Colonic irrigation/hydrotherapy

I was looking into it, just out of interest really.

I'd be interested to see if anyone has had it? and if it had any effects on your skin or general well being?

I posted this in another thread.

I just did a colonic yesterday for the first time and I have to say this is probably the quicker method since warm water is gushing in you and getting out all the crud. I saw old fecal matter, parasites and a lot of other stuff coming out it was very interesting. For the first time I felt very light and empty afterwards

Also, I'm doing a series of colonics since one won't clean everything out.

What exactly is the difference b/w colonics and the coffee enema? I mean, would they basically have the safe effect on the body/skin?

Colonics and enemas are therapies that both involve introducing water into the colon through to rectum in order to cleanse the colon.

But there are some key differences between colonics and enemas:

Colonics cleanse the entire length of the colon. Enemas cleanse the lower part of the colon, the sigmoid and part of the descending colon.

Colonics involve mutiple infusions of water into the colon. Enemas involve a single infusion of water into the colon.

With colonics, fecal matter leaves the body via a tube. The client does not see or smell the fecal matter during the session.

At the end of the session, the client usually sits on a toilet, and usually passes any residual water and stools.

An enema involves the one-time infusion of water. It sits in the lower part of the colon for a period of time, and then the person sits on the toilet.

Colonics must be administered by a trained colon hydrotherapist and requires professional equipment.

Enemas do not have to be administered by a professional. Disposable enema kits are available in drugstores and online.

http://altmedicine.about.com/od/colonclean...lonic_enema.htm

Hmm, I guess I'm more interested in which one is more effective for acne, especially considering all the sucess people have had with coffee enemas.

Colonics and enemas are therapies that both involve introducing water into the colon through to rectum in order to cleanse the colon.

But there are some key differences between colonics and enemas:

Colonics cleanse the entire length of the colon. Enemas cleanse the lower part of the colon, the sigmoid and part of the descending colon.

Colonics involve mutiple infusions of water into the colon. Enemas involve a single infusion of water into the colon.

With colonics, fecal matter leaves the body via a tube. The client does not see or smell the fecal matter during the session.

At the end of the session, the client usually sits on a toilet, and usually passes any residual water and stools.

An enema involves the one-time infusion of water. It sits in the lower part of the colon for a period of time, and then the person sits on the toilet.

Colonics must be administered by a trained colon hydrotherapist and requires professional equipment.

Enemas do not have to be administered by a professional. Disposable enema kits are available in drugstores and online.

http://altmedicine.about.com/od/colonclean...lonic_enema.htm