Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

If only the skin healed perfectly without hyperpigmentation acne wouldn't really be much of a big deal (unless it scars)!

The funny thing is before having acne I didn't know there was such a thing as red marks or that even acne could give a scar, I thought maybe only a serious injury could.

What do you guys think, do you think acne would be a half as bad if you never ever got red marks?

I rather have acne then scars,

cause I found the cure to acne for me

but these hyperpigmentations, i'm still searching

searching.. searching..

right now apple cider vinegar isn't doing much, about 5 days into it, not much improvement

My acne wouldn't actually look that bad if red marks didn't exist. Hyperpigmentation makes my skin look worse than it really is.

Recently, I came across an old picture I took a couple years ago before I got acne--my skin was literally flawless, and back then I used to think I was ugly. Now I just wish I realized that I was one hot babe xD

But too late now. And red marks do exist. So just have to deal.

indeed those pictures of clear skin from the past

I didn't appreciate having flawless skin,

now I realize it's all I really want

but Jesus comes first

:)

Thing is i didnt notice the red marks until after i got rid of most my acne. I cant even remember noticing them when i had moderate acne. It seemed my skin had a more even complexion

Now my main concern is the red marks and want to get then shine/even complexion i once had whilst still controlling the acne. Like most people it just makes the the little acne i have worse then it is.

I agree with you all, you nmever appreciate what you had until its gone. I always remember wishing my skin would look good before acne but I dont know why. My skin was literally flawless, no acne and no marks, so lush!

The other thing I noticed is that I keep delaying alot of things I want to do now because of these marks. I used to be a full timer at the gym for about a year then stopped after getting acne. Now I always say to myself I will go back once my marks have completely faded. I sort of dont feel motivated to do things but I know if they were to go by tonight, I would be signining up at the gym tomorrow, I know. Its almost like some of my life force has been sucked out.

I feel the same way. I haven't been to the Gym in 2 1/2 weeks. I won't go without makeup even if I'm home. I developed Melasma from Minocycline. I have hyper pigmentation on my upper lip and spots on my forehead since June.

Funny thing is that I went to the dermatologist because of 2 "sun spots". She placed me on Minocycline for my acne instead. As the acne cleared dark spots developed on my forehead. Her staff confirmed that hyper pigmentation on your upper lip or forehead is Melasma and it's a side effect of antibiotics. WHY ON EARTH DID THIS DOCTOR GIVE ME ANTIBIOTICS to worsen my condition! I'm only sharing this because I had no idea and many people on the forums are taking antibiotics or birth control pills which could create the same problem which I'm incurring.

were all in the same boat...

in normal light my marks dont look so bad... but looking in a mirror in daylight...omg i look like a fucking monster,redmarks everywhere,some white scars,some zits,dry skin,red skin...all fucked up... and its all only on my forehead..my cheeks look perfectly clear , no redmarks,never get zits there (maybe 1 a month which fades in 2-3 days and leaves no mark) , just some redness due to accutane...i fucking hate all my skin above my eyebrows (forehead and scalp)..^^

trust me its better on the forehead than your cheeks. If u ever get 'big ones' on your cheek, you will be counting ur blessings on the forehead only.

why is it that in some certain lighting its like u cant see the marks and you get all excited than when it come to a different lighting the marks appear and my face looks horrible. I think your right acne wouldnt be a problem redmark and scars didnt exist. I feel like my face still has acne just because of the redmarks. I cant believe how i took having clear great looking skin for granted. Now its like wtf happen to me. Its like almost surreal like damn i never thought it would happen to me. Its so hard just to do the simple things in life without having to feel super insecure about yourself. For instance going to the gym or going to parties on the weekends. Instead of having a good time im just worried about how my face looks.

yea luckily i can cover it with a cap/beanie or sth..but it fucking sucks..the redmarks,scars and uneven skin tone is fuckin crap..

in the gym nobody cares how u look,they all just wanna work out...so get in there and pump some effin blood in ur muscles :)

yeah ill keep that in mind next time i hit the gym. You know what sucks its not like theirs things out their that we cant do to help our skin the only problem is most things cost to damn much money. That i dont have and cant afford spending on right now. Damn sometimes i feel so helpless its not even funny

If there were no red marks or scars my skin would look beautiful!

Also since suffering from red marks I notice I have a habit of always analysing strangers to see if they also have any red marks on their face. I always look at others, whether on the train, on the street or in a shop to see how lighting effects there marks and if they even care. If theres looks good I feel maybe mine do as well, if it doesnt I always imagine how much worse mine does. I also try and see if people are looking at me because of my marks or because they think im attractive or because they just are. Sometimes I check to see if more than one person at a given time is looking, if thats the case then its my red marks otherwise theres a chance its not.

Some other times I may see someone on the train for instance with worse marks than me plus alot of acne and I can see they have there head down (especially the case with females), I feel really bad for them and they probably think my marks are normal, it always make me wonder if maybe he/she is on acne.org

Its weird, my brain has definitely become screwed up a bit with all this emotion.

Sounds exactly like me sid99...I'm always analyzing people's skin on the subway and wondering how my skin looks in various lighting. I actually look nearly clear in certain lighting but in some white lighting my marks look awful. I was always fairly self conscious in public before I even cared about my skin but now I feel more conscious because of my skin. I've had a few marks for over a year and it's hard to wake up every day and see them like they are part of me..They aren't even scars(I don't think at least) just bad red marks/pigmentation...I hate it.. The worst is how I look clear at times, only to see myself from a new perspective/lighting and see that I'm not clear at all and my skin is still damaged.. I also thought I was done with any kind of breakouts and I could just work on my old marks but recently I broke out again and now I will have more marks to add to the collection...it sucks.. I don't even care about active pimples, just the marks they leave after because my stupid skin tone causes my marks to turn brown/dark red and it looks even worse. My acne overall is very mild and my skin is smooth but my marks make my skin look much worse than it really is..I just want em to go away so I can be confident again.

I've had a few marks for over a year and it's hard to wake up every day and see them like they are part of me..

That's exactly my feeling spot on. Normally when I get a red mark I feel hope, I say to myself maybe in in 2-3 months this will be gone. But once you have had a mark for 6 or so months that hope fades and you think maybe this wont fade, how will I live the rest of my life, then you get that "sunken depressed hopeless lost" feeling. Its so horrible, it hits pretty hard too.

On occasion if you see even the slightest fading my confidence shoots up, I start immediately planning my life for the future ahead, all the things I was waiting to do. Its crazy stuff, the funny thing is its such a basic and normal disease/problem and I never thought it could be this bad! Surely we're just a minority if 90% of people suffer acne only 5-10% get acne thats deforming or leaves terrible scars/redmarks.

On occasion if you see even the slightest fading my confidence shoots up, I start immediately planning my life for the future ahead, all the things I was waiting to do. Its crazy stuff, the funny thing is its such a basic and normal disease/problem and I never thought it could be this bad! Surely we're just a minority if 90% of people suffer acne only 5-10% get acne thats deforming or leaves terrible scars/redmarks.

Yeah I kinda get that too. My confidence goes up a lot when I see improvement but then I either get a new breakout that causes a new mark or my marks just look bad the next day and I happened to have a "good skin day". Whenever I start to get comfortable with my skin something always happens. But I'm gonna keep with the regimen I have now for the long run.

Generally I've found, for me at least, that my marks get better and my skin tone generally looks better when I don't use many products or irritate at all. My marks seem to fade pretty well by themselves as long as they aren't irritated. Right now I'm just cleansing and moisturizing once a day or every other day and my old marks and skin tone have improved after only a week and a half. I'm gonna keep at this regimen, I feel like while I may still breakout occasionally(I would anyway, with any regimen), my old marks will be able to heal up. Any regimen I've used in the past either did nothing for marks or just prolonged their appearance.

All those products like Lactic/Glycolic acid work for a while but I feel they just make my skin tone worse and unnatural looking over time and also makes me more prone to breakouts. The one thing I haven't tried is professionally done peels at high %'s, which may help but I'm kinda paranoid to get them done. Just my experience, I've had the best results by just letting my skin do its own thing for the most part and also eating well. At this point I can't even imagine myself without a few marks that I've had for over a year but maybe one day they'll fade...

Also since suffering from red marks I notice I have a habit of always analysing strangers to see if they also have any red marks on their face. I always look at others, whether on the train, on the street or in a shop to see how lighting effects there marks and if they even care. If theres looks good I feel maybe mine do as well, if it doesnt I always imagine how much worse mine does. I also try and see if people are looking at me because of my marks or because they think im attractive or because they just are. Sometimes I check to see if more than one person at a given time is looking, if thats the case then its my red marks otherwise theres a chance its not.

Some other times I may see someone on the train for instance with worse marks than me plus alot of acne and I can see they have there head down (especially the case with females), I feel really bad for them and they probably think my marks are normal, it always make me wonder if maybe he/she is on acne.org

Its weird, my brain has definitely become screwed up a bit with all this emotion.

You most likely have BDD. Showing all the symptoms I have.

I've had a few marks for over a year and it's hard to wake up every day and see them like they are part of me..

That's exactly my feeling spot on. Normally when I get a red mark I feel hope, I say to myself maybe in in 2-3 months this will be gone. But once you have had a mark for 6 or so months that hope fades and you think maybe this wont fade, how will I live the rest of my life, then you get that "sunken depressed hopeless lost" feeling. Its so horrible, it hits pretty hard too.

If you can go live your life now, think how great it will be when it finally clears up? There really is no point in waiting for them to fade, especially when you analyze them far more than anyone else ever would. Go live your life.

Wordy word,

live your life!!!!

I found out that people actually don't really care about acne as much as we think

I probably do have a minor case of BDD, because I am still living my life. I still go out and enjoy myself with friends, I am definitely less confident but I still have some confidence.

I am sort of getting used to living like this but I know im not ever going to be 100% happy with these marks, regardless of anything!

But its true, theres no point in waiting, because stuff like this could take even 2 years to fade by the sound of it.

When I look at old photographs of my acne, which is now under control (accutane), I realize I had very severe acne. I had maybe 11 active cyst all over my face.

However, the skin where there was no acne was flawless. All toned and strong. Now that my acne is gone I do not really suffer from scars, but I have a lot of (damn!) red marks.

And now when I look at my face there are no flawless spots. It's all flaky, red, untoned and generally badlooking and WEAK. No zits however.

I have developed some sort of need to take photographs of myself all the time to see how it looks. I do a photograph like once every 2 minutes, it is horrible.

I think a lot of you are right though, non fellow post-acne suffers do not notice it as much as we think. Before I suffered from this horrible disease I didn't notice wether people suffered from acne or not. Now I do, I analyze peoples skin all the time.

I am still on accutane, do you think my skin and redmarks will improve once I stop doing accutane? Does this drug prevent my skin from improving red marks and tone?

well accutane is a quick fix

the redness is the price pay for no acne

that's why i never used it and my complexion is clear and even

my friend on the other hand, has way too many red marks worse then pre-accutane

my uncle who's a doctor told me accutane is not good, only if you have severe severe acne

but u only have severe severe acne if u kept using all these products

I am still on accutane, do you think my skin and redmarks will improve once I stop doing accutane? Does this drug prevent my skin from improving red marks and tone?

Yes they will improve after this treatment. Your skin is now super thin and sensitive so of course remarks and those are bad due to veins right under the surface.

In a month to six after accutane your skin is supposed to heal and come stronger and thicker due to collagen (skin is now able to produce more collagen than while on accutane).

I have also noticed that if I leave my face alone for a couple of days only, it is much better looking than it is after exfoliating. That's why I try not to give my face any irritating things..

Cheers,

Zech

damn i actuaally be doing this also