Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
hongyi86

The Best Red Mark Removing Regimen I've tried so far

Hi all, I just thought I'd let you know what really worked for me.

I read a thread by Delna a while ago and she suggested using a few home ingredients to get rid of red marks. I tried it, and noticed my red marks fading within a week. I've done a step-by-step tutorial on it in my blog, and thought I'd share it here too... however, I can't seem to attach photos for some reason (hmm?!), so here's the tutorial in plain text. Here's the full version of it (much easier to read...script here is confusing me)...

http://www.hongyihongyi.blogspot.com/2007/10/delnas-skincare-regimen-clearing-acne.html

Delna's Red Mark Removing Regimen:

ALL YOU NEED FROM THE KITCHEN IS...

1. Apple Cider Vinegar (ACV) and Baking Soda (note: baking SODA, not powder!)

2. Egg white

I did this for a week straight and it lightened my redness a lot, it's really impressive how well it works! I've done my research and concluded that it's safe to use these ingredients. However, baking soda and ACV (especially if used pure) may irritate sensitive skin. I've observed that this regimen works well for most people but not for everyone. So if your skin acts up, stop using it straightaway. And if you're skeptical about this, please don't use it until you've done your research.

In the morning, after cleansing your face with a cleanser (some of my friends still use soap...DON'T!), exfoliate with the ACV-Baking Soda wash:

1. Pour a good amount of baking soda into a container

2. Add water to form a paste

3. Make sure the mixture isn't too runny...it should feel somewhat like toothpaste (oohh...speaking of which, have you heard of brushing your teeth with baking soda? :P)

4. Spread it evenly across your face and massage very gently. Wash off immediately.

After that, you should tone your face to balance pH:

1. Pour a small amount of ACV into container and add the same amount of water into it (This is what I do...but Delna recommends using

1:8 (vinegar:water) solution first and then gradually increasing to 1:1 ).

2. Apply onto face with cotton wool. Leave on for 10 minutes and wash off. Don't leave on for too long, or else it might irritate your skin.

Apply acne cream after this (Delna suggests Proactive BP Lotion), but skip this stage if you one of those lucky ones who don't suffer from acne. Then, use a moisturiser with SPF. ARGH! I cannot stress how important sunblock is! Maybe will write up another post for it sometime later! Remember to slip-slap-slop everyday!

And here's what to do with the egg at night...

After cleansing your face, use a mild protein mask - the egg white mask. I've read so much about this mask so I thought I'd give it a try...and oh it leaves your skin feeling so soft and supple! Some even say that it helps make skin look younger. Oh, and it helps lighten the skin too, so for those puteri lilins, give this mask a try!

1. Slip into bowl egg white from 1 egg (photo above isn't mine) and squeeze in a few drops of lemon. Beat until foamy

2. Spread the mask onto your face. Try using a brush to apply this if you find difficulty in applying with fingers. Wash off after 10 minutes.

I like that feeling when the mask starts to dry up and tighten your face! :)

This is a must try especially since the ingredients are so affordable! Healthy diet, lots of water, and this regimen has definitely helped my skin a lot...

very glad this is working for you but this regimen (more or less) has been posted a many times on this board. For me it didn't work anyway.