Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

hi guys, i just stumbled upon this site earlier today, trying to find some help to clear up my acne.

i usually have pretty clear skin but during the summer time, the humidity and hot weather makes my face break out.

oh,and i took these pictures after taking a shower at the gym. the pimple on the last picture just appeared yesterday night. :(

will i need to see a dermatologist to clear this up? i've been washing my face everyday with ivory soap but i think i need to find another soap or cleanser for my face. please help with suggestions. thanks!

also, i have this reappearing bump on my eyebrow. when i feel around it, it feels like i have a tiny ball in it. it also doesn't hurt when i gently squeeze or poke it. is this what you call a cyst?

post-85442-1223434279_thumb.jpg

post-85442-1223434286_thumb.jpg

post-85442-1223434294_thumb.jpg

post-85442-1223434279_thumb.jpg

post-85442-1223434286_thumb.jpg

post-85442-1223434294_thumb.jpg

First off, you need to get a new routine. Bar soap such as ivory is garbage for acne, it has ingredients that will clog the pores causing more acne. Get into a routine where you Cleanse ---> Tone ---> Moisturize.

Eating healthy really helps too, if you want to stop it from coming back don't put crap in your body. Lots of vitamins and no sugars, salts, and trans fats/saturated fats. If you really want to overcome it, these steps will really help.

your ondition is the same as mine.i cant diferentiate between a cyst and al other acne types.my dotor said i have inflammatory moderate acne.you should have a deep talk with your dermatologist

try an extremely gentle soap, i use aquaphor mild soap free cleanser (its actually for babies)

it is for super sensitive skin

but more importantly, you have to use SUPER gentle technique, barely touching the surface of your skin. pushing or rubbing the soap down hard doesnt HELP, it will set u months back and make your acne beyond your worst nightmare. good luck

Get a cleanser for acne-prone skin, like Clean&Clear, and get some benzoyl peroxide or salicilic acid to put on the zits. Yours looks moderate, and it might be tougher to get rid of than some of the milder forms, so it would probabl be in your best interest to see a dermatologist, who might give you a perscription to help clear you up even faster.

Remember to keep your head up, this won't last forever!

i hate acne too. yours looks like mine.

kind of confusing when people says its not severe, but you feel like it.

try to see a derm that will treat you seriously and talk to her/him extensively about your options for prescription drugs.

#1 tip, do your research first before you visit a doctor-- know what you want to try first, and how willing you are to stick to any particular "regimen".

have an open mind to new treatments, but have the willingness to see a treatment through 3+ months to a lifetime.

even if you do get clear, you will have to stick to some type of treatment to maintain your clearness.

good luck! and hang in there.

Your best bet is to just go to a GP. They will have medication that will be able to treat your acne. Your acne isn't bad yet, but definitley see a GP to ensure it doesnt't worsen!

Steven

my acne got a lot better since i last posted my pictures.

are their any options other than seeing a dermatologist? what can i get at walmart or walgreens that can help clear my acne (not neutrogena clean and clear, made my face worse).

i definitely need some sort of wash thats stronger than my ivory soap and lotion for my face because i don't use any lotion.

See a derm, See a derm, See a derm, See a derm, See a derm, See a derm, See a derm, See a derm, I cannot repeat this much more, just do it, if you get a good one they'll generally know what to do and get your on the right track.

I left it too long and it got Cystic and I do have some scarring from it.

Try starting here.

http://www.acne.org/regimen.html

Watch all three videos, and then go to the product page to see what products are good to use. I just bought neutogena extra gentle cleanser, acne.org benzol peroxide, and olay complete moisture. So far everything is going good. But you need to try it for at least a month to see what works for you.

no dairy, no pop, no iodine!