Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
dsrfgsertwe

most disgusting cyst ever

So my skin has been 98% clear since before summer started and I haven't had a cyst since even before that. I woke up two days ago with this MONSTER cyst right on the side of my nose, in that tight spot in between where your nose ends and the rest of your face begins. I did my regular rgeimen and left it alone overnight, and I woke up yesterday and there was dried pus all over it. Last night I took a hot washcloth to it to soak the pus off, and I found that the cyst had literally cracked right down the middle from all of the pressure. I tried applying pressure, using ice, stuffing w/ cayenne pepper (I googled home remedies to stop bleeding/pussing) and it wouldn't stop bleeding all night until I got out of the shower this morning. It was still pussing all day which was DISGUSTING, I would leave like five times per class to wipe the pus off and try to put makeup over it (not working b/c of the pussing) finally tonight i left a big glob of preparation H on top of it for a few hours and it seems to have dried up. I'll have to be extra gentle with my washing the next few days to make sure it doesn't break.

i see you use shea butter... is it any good?

Yeah! It's as good a moisturizer as anything else I've tried, but it naturally has Vitamin E in it, which has been doing wonders for my scars. It also naturally has fatty acids in it...I think that's why my face has been looking so much better than it used to.

So my skin has been 98% clear since before summer started and I haven't had a cyst since even before that. I woke up two days ago with this MONSTER cyst right on the side of my nose, in that tight spot in between where your nose ends and the rest of your face begins. I did my regular rgeimen and left it alone overnight, and I woke up yesterday and there was dried pus all over it. Last night I took a hot washcloth to it to soak the pus off, and I found that the cyst had literally cracked right down the middle from all of the pressure. I tried applying pressure, using ice, stuffing w/ cayenne pepper (I googled home remedies to stop bleeding/pussing) and it wouldn't stop bleeding all night until I got out of the shower this morning. It was still pussing all day which was DISGUSTING, I would leave like five times per class to wipe the pus off and try to put makeup over it (not working b/c of the pussing) finally tonight i left a big glob of preparation H on top of it for a few hours and it seems to have dried up. I'll have to be extra gentle with my washing the next few days to make sure it doesn't break.

oh geez, i'm not sure my feelings on having worst-acne-wars

but in my latest bout i've had about 10 cysts pop up over the course of 2 weeks. and about 3 of them are on the side of my nose and they've all come to head and pop and haven't seemed to stop bleeding for nearly a week now! i don't mean they bleed continuously, but they'll break and i'll apply pressure and wipe until it stops bleeding this blood/yellow liquid goo [ and i'm sure you know how utterly EMBARRASSING and unbearable this is to do in a public place - or work!!] so i can't even tell if they are "done" yet and are just bleeding, or if they are still active cysts. they are super crusty with dead white skin and scabbed over and i want so badly to peel off the scabs but i know they'll just start bleeding BIG time and possible get reinfected [ i'm pretty sure these 3 cysts are the children of a cyst i had about 2 weeks ago in the exact same place and that had ran it's course and i idiotically was trying to push on the plug of dried scab/sebum(?) out of my skin, and no doubt reinfected it so that it came back about 10x worse.]

i have now resorted to bandaging some gauze onto my face to a) not have to deal with the periodic bleeding when i move my face muscles the wrong way and b) not accidentally touching them and breaking them - SO embarrassing but somehow i think it is better than to have people look at crusty cysts - my worse fear is to be talking with someone and be BLEEDING. ugh. i have to go to work tomorrow with two pieces of gauze on my face not to mention a huge, red cyst on the tip of my nose and a repairing but very ugly, crusty cyst just under my nose but above the lips that i can't cover up.

sorry, this turned into a rant. either way, i feel you. i was just thinking today about wounds. are you maybe supposed to not take showers when you have open wounds? the reason i ask is that wounds obviously break open again if they haven't healed over completely yet. i really don't know what to do. i've stopped washing my face with a cloth because i don't want to break any cysts. so i've just been taking showers and carefully rubbing off dead skin. i pretty sure - but not completely sure- that you need to rub off as much of the cyst scab as you can without breaking it entirely, or it will prolong the whole oozing yellow liquid/blood period.

any advice anyone?

-signed, disheveled.

yeah make sure you def wash in GENTLY...even after like several days if it comes to a head. there's no need to open it up and irritate it again.

I have a cyst on my nose too!! its the 2nd one Ive ever gotten >< The first time was in april, it was right at the tip of my nose and I got so scared i took a thumbtack and stabbed the sh*t out of it.... I ended up going to the derm and he put me on antibiotics and an antibiotic cream, it was raw for soo many days and the scab took so long to heal. worse experience ever!!! This time, its towards one side of my nose but still in the middle ish, Im definitely not gonna stab it with a needle again but Ive been squeezing some pus out when it gets soft and I can see a head.. but it keeps refilling up:(......right now Ive just been dabbing 1.1% Salicylic acid on it, hopefully that will help... argg I hate these cysts.. esp on my nose of all places!!!

I have a cyst on my nose too!! its the 2nd one Ive ever gotten >< The first time was in april, it was right at the tip of my nose and I got so scared i took a thumbtack and stabbed the sh*t out of it.... I ended up going to the derm and he put me on antibiotics and an antibiotic cream, it was raw for soo many days and the scab took so long to heal. worse experience ever!!! This time, its towards one side of my nose but still in the middle ish, Im definitely not gonna stab it with a needle again but Ive been squeezing some pus out when it gets soft and I can see a head.. but it keeps refilling up:(......right now Ive just been dabbing 1.1% Salicylic acid on it, hopefully that will help... argg I hate these cysts.. esp on my nose of all places!!!

oh, i know what you mean, but take solace in that you have it much better than me, from what i can tell - but most of all, believe me, i feel you. my burst cysts have been oozing/bleeding for 2 weeks now... not pretty. i think it's all calming down. i'm not a doctor but my recommendation would be to kept GENTLY squeezing out the pus and all that, as i think it helps with the healing - it can't heal when it's full of pus, right? that's what i think intuitively anyway - and also since dermatologist will drain a big cyst, so it probably helps. if it's hard, don't do anything.

well right now its like a squishy bump, theres still some pus inside, im still using SA on it but argg i wish all of the pus had come out so it would just heal..... and yes i agree w you

My most disgusting cyst...there are a few notible ones. The worst thoug I has one one the side of the bridge of my nose, right next to eye. It (I called it Oscar) made my eye swell up, like you would get if you were punched in the eye. Of course that was on a weekend so couldn't call Dr. Didn't want to go to ER or Urgent care.Of course I had something important Monday morning I had to cancel, that was a bad thing to do put just couldn't go out in public, everyone would be asking, "what happened to you?".