Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
luvhavinbgtwins

What kind of makeup do you use...eye shadow, liner etc

With my skin being oily fondation is not the only problem I have I cant seem to keep eye shadow and liner to stay even my mascara doesnt seem to stay just flakes off....

What are good eye creams and face creams out there that work good that dont break you out.

Also what kind of lotion do you all use on your face. I need to get more and would like to change on what I have.

Can anyone just give me a list of what they use daily.

Thanks so much.

Well, we all have different skin & preferences, so what works for one person may not for another.

That said, for making eye makeup last on oily skin, I highly, highly recommend Urban Decay Primer Potion. It has GREAT reviews on makeup alley (www.makeupalley.com - definitely check that site, it's sooo useful). It makes virtually any eyeshadow and liner wear much better & longer.

Other long lasting eye makeup I like:

mac liquid last liner

mac paint eyeshadow

Personally, I find waterproof mascara to flake worse, so I stick with regular. I find Mabelline & Loreal to make good drugstore mascaras, and for a splurge you can't beat Diorshow IMO.

For blush:

NARs blushes wear incredibly well on oily skin

Everday Minerals blushes have decent wear, & are very acne friendly

For my moisturizer I use lac hydrin five or cerave (both found at the drugstore). Any of the acne.org regimen recommended moisturizers are generally great for acne prone skin.

I like DHC concentrated eye cream for my eyes. Avon makes some good eye creams too.

You might consider a primer under makeup to help with oil control also. Smashbox primer has a good rep. I like my mineral primer, which is Everyday Minerals Start to Finish Powder with kaolin clay.

I just started using Too Faced Shadow Insurance and I love it! It makes shadows last through my whole eight hours of working and a few hours after that. For my face Ive been using Dior HydrAction which I probably wont repurchase because its very very expensive.

shiseido ss has been a good primer for me. i use revlon colorstay eyeliner and it seems to last well for me. i use joppa mineral eyeshadow. as for moisturizer i use the acne.org moisturizer. only thing that doesn't break me out and doesn't make my oil worse.

I tool the route of testing our the Monistat anti-chafing powder gel for a primer, and have to say I love it, a little goes a LONG way though, so the tube will probably last quite awhile.

For eye shadows.. I personally love Everyday minerals, Amuse, Kissywear, and Physicians formula.

For eyeliner I've found Revlon Colorstay to work great, I can put it on in the morning and it's still there into the late hours of the night. :wub:

i'm not even going to talk about my foundation bc it doesn't stay on all day. lol.

so for the eyes, i use a mac paint pot as a base & i like nyx eyeshadows. for eyeliner, i stick to gel, cream, or liquid liners bc pencils don't last on me. i like jane be pure gel liners. the best pencil eyeliner i've tried so far has been styli-style. it claims to last 24 hours, but of course not on my lids!

one of my favorite blushes to use is soft mink by jane. it's also part of their "pure" mineral line. although it has more ingredients than a mineral blush should have, it doesn't make me breakout, it lasts all day, and i looove the color. it's pressed mineral, so it's also less messy for me.

have fun buying makeup!

You can find the skin care products I use daily in my signature.

As far as makeup goes...

Everyday Minerals foundation in olive fair intensive

Everyday Minerals Silk Dust (applied before and after my foundation)

Benefit Bad Gal black mascara

Aveeno chapstick

Clean & Clear moisturizer

Sephora's anti-shine gel (i have really oily skin)

Everyday Minerals foundation, intensive formula

Everyday Minerals blush

Urban Decay Primer Potion as an eyeshadow base

MAC, Make Up Forever, and LORAC eyeshadows.

Sometimes I use the eyeshadow as a liner if I want softer look.

HiP gel liner occasionally

Urban Decay liquid liners

MAC lipsticks