Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Dayzie86

Impossible to get rid of acne scars.. I need help!

Hello.. I am 22, and have been struggling with acne since I was 13. After all this time, I have finally cleared my active acne. Unfortunately, it has left an enormous amount of scars, both pitted/depressed, and discolored scars. They are covering my face, but they are not really deep, I guess you would consider them shallow, but enough where if you look at them at a slight angle, they are *very* noticable. About 1 1/2 year ago, I started going to this spa, where I would get chemical peels and microdermabrasions done. Over the past year, I have had 3 peels and 10 microderms. I felt it was getting worse, so I stopped going there and went to a dermatologist. He suggested that laser is the only thing that would help. With so many major events coming up in my life, we decided to jump right to it and do the Pearl Laser, which in most cases, you need 2-3 treatments max. I seen pictures of results and was very impressed, so I gave it a try. With being an ablative laser with such a minimal downtime, and they said its simply the best they have for a quick fix to my scarring. To say the least, I threw $1100 straight in the trash! The Pearl did absolutely nothing but make my face worse! People have noticed more pitted scars on my face and the acne is back. I guess my dermatologist felt bad for me, so he offered to do another one for free since I didn't benefit 1% from the first one. I'm hesitant about getting it done again, but the whole point of the pearl is for your skin to peel, and mine didn't peel hardly at all. So I'm thinking of not putting so much Aquaphor on my face next time, so maybe it will peel more. IDK! I dont really know if all that would have made a difference. I'm hoping maybe someone has been through the same thing, and maybe help direct me the right way. I need real people's help, not just ones who want my money and will tell me anything to get it! I have been also using the BioSkincare Cream, hoping maybe it will be a plus, but still no difference, except the problem is getting worse. Please help!!

I am so sorry. I would do nothing for a while. I heard of only going to a plastic face surgeon NOT these facial clinics. Go to someone who specializes in facial plastic surgery. My dermatologist told me they dont have all the knowledge of lasers. I dont trust these laser clinics either. I would only go to a plastic surgeon. Then I would call his referals. Fraxel????

I'm very sorry to hear about your situation. Have you heard of Fraxel re:pair? It's a fractional CO2 laser that supposedly yields impressive results with relatively little downtime. Either way, I agree with the above poster; plastic surgeons are the way to go when it comes down to lasers.

good luck

Hello.. I am 22, and have been struggling with acne since I was 13. After all this time, I have finally cleared my active acne. Unfortunately, it has left an enormous amount of scars, both pitted/depressed, and discolored scars. They are covering my face, but they are not really deep, I guess you would consider them shallow, but enough where if you look at them at a slight angle, they are *very* noticable. About 1 1/2 year ago, I started going to this spa, where I would get chemical peels and microdermabrasions done. Over the past year, I have had 3 peels and 10 microderms. I felt it was getting worse, so I stopped going there and went to a dermatologist. He suggested that laser is the only thing that would help. With so many major events coming up in my life, we decided to jump right to it and do the Pearl Laser, which in most cases, you need 2-3 treatments max. I seen pictures of results and was very impressed, so I gave it a try. With being an ablative laser with such a minimal downtime, and they said its simply the best they have for a quick fix to my scarring. To say the least, I threw $1100 straight in the trash! The Pearl did absolutely nothing but make my face worse! People have noticed more pitted scars on my face and the acne is back. I guess my dermatologist felt bad for me, so he offered to do another one for free since I didn't benefit 1% from the first one. I'm hesitant about getting it done again, but the whole point of the pearl is for your skin to peel, and mine didn't peel hardly at all. So I'm thinking of not putting so much Aquaphor on my face next time, so maybe it will peel more. IDK! I dont really know if all that would have made a difference. I'm hoping maybe someone has been through the same thing, and maybe help direct me the right way. I need real people's help, not just ones who want my money and will tell me anything to get it! I have been also using the BioSkincare Cream, hoping maybe it will be a plus, but still no difference, except the problem is getting worse. Please help!!

[/quo

hi daysie

Sorry to hear you got no results. Hows your diet?? if you are going to get the second one done you may want to start taking vitamins and supplements as this can have an impact on results. you want your body to be able to heal itself effectivly. theres no miracle treatments out there and alot of them are clearly bullsh!t. But try to eat as healthy as possible even if it means eating lots of organic fruits and veggi's daily. drink fresh organic juices. its annoying I know but it could help you get results. Dont drink or smoke obviously. if you smoke you'll never get results. Maybe he'll refund you?? whats the difference between a refund and a free session?? none. wish I had some better answers for you but you gotta be willing to do whatever you can. theres limited options. the body is what you eat. if you eat poorly your body functions poorly. so consider starting by changing your diet. Once you figure out how to eat healthy everyday, possibly do some exercise then get the treatments. this way atleast you know you're doing everything you can to put yourself in the best position to see results.