Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
luvhavinbgtwins

I need advise on makeup PLEASE

Ok I have very oily but very dry skin.....I have tried so many makeups.... my last was almay 16 hour...my face looks so bad after words.. At first it looks dry then with no time at all it looks like I am sweating this stuff off and it look awful.. my pores looks huge.. I hate it. I am going out for my anivarsary in 2 weeks and I want to look good and not have to worry.

Also. What do you use for anti ageing I am worried everything will break me out. I am 31 now and need to do something.

OOO I have tried mineral makeup and that doesnt work on me also. eye shadow creases and I have used primer also. Thanks

i have the same type of skin. i've tried millions of things, from drugstore stuff to department store stuff to everyday minerals, and i've found nothing that works 100%. MAC full coverage or Clinique double wear will last for a few hours but if i'm working long hours or at school they still look kinda messy at the end of the day. my mom also has this problem and swears by elizabeth arden flawless finish, but i think it looks really bad when she comes home.

as for anti-aging: shea butter. use only pure (only ingredient on the package is shea butter), unrefined shea butter. the one i use is called alaffia (spelling?) and I get it at whole foods.

i have the same kind of skin.

i haven't found anything that stays put all day, so i'm in the same boat. i use a primer, then an oil control powder before & after foundation and then i spritz it with water. this lasts for aboout 5 hours, not including my nose .. lol. my nose is shiny every 10 minutes. :cry: & then after that, i'm retouching like crazy. it's really irritating to say the least. i use mineral foundation bc it's the only one that doesn't irritate my skin. i've heard mac fix+ sets makeup well, but i have not tried it.

PM me if you find anything that works. good luck & sorry i couldn't help.

What is your skin routine? My skin is oily, but if I use too many acne topicals and don't moisturize well it can get oily and flaky and look like a disaster no matter how great the makeup is.

When my skin was like that, origins reflection perfection was my go-to makeup though. For the most part, it didn't accentuate my flakiness and it helped with oil control too. My skin still looked better once I got it under control and kept it well-moisturized.

Hmmmm...maybe try Estee Lauder Double Wear or Revlon Colorstay. You might be able to try a sample of the Estee before buying - just ask at one of the counters. (You can look up reviews on makeupalley.com.)

Thanks this is what I do.

I wash my face with cephail (sp?)in the morning and put the same brand moisturized

at night I wash again and then put on BP sometime I moisturize and some times (most I dont)

I really dont wear makeup much due to this problem and becuz I have 5 yr old twins.

I am feeling older than I am so I am ready to start looking better know that they are older etc.

My skin just seems so red at time pores huge and just yuck...if that makes since.

I thought about tinted moisturizer on my days where I dont have time.

I seen other using MOM how about that??? (as a primer)

I just used some primer from a department store where I got a sample and I broke out mad.

Also is there a good place at some of the department stores where you can do a makeover to see if you like etc w/out being to pushy???

Thanks