Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

i hate to be a drag, but i can never find an answer to this question. When does teenage acne typically go away? My mother is convinced my acne is hormonal and will be gone in a few years (im 14 now), like it did for her and my father. My sister, though, suffers from bad acne and is currently on medication. my face is no where near as bad as hers, i have maybe three pimples with splotchy redness and large pores. i know its mild, but i can't stand to go anywhere without makeup. any help?

I started getting teen acne around when I was 13, It was mostly just cysts back then, when I turned 15 it was usually just a lot of pimples. I'm 16 now and the amount of breakouts that I get has slowed down quite a bit. My brother (who is now 26 i think...) Stopped getting breakouts when he was about 21.

But still, don't worry about it, it will go away faster than you think. When you start to get around to my age it will slow down quite a bit. You will probably still get the occasional pimple now and then, but it's nothing that a little benzoyl peroxide can't fix.

Cheers

P.S. Don't worry about it, at least you don't have permanent scars all over your face like me ;)

Woahh. Reading that was like looking in a mirror.

I am 14 as well. My sister has bad acne as well and is on medication.

I can't wait until my hormones tone down. I'm honestly dying. :(

If you ever want to talk I'm here.

i hate to be a drag, but i can never find an answer to this question. When does teenage acne typically go away? My mother is convinced my acne is hormonal and will be gone in a few years (im 14 now), like it did for her and my father. My sister, though, suffers from bad acne and is currently on medication. my face is no where near as bad as hers, i have maybe three pimples with splotchy redness and large pores. i know its mild, but i can't stand to go anywhere without makeup. any help?

typically i think males suffer with acne longer than females. Im 20 and still get the occasional break out, but Dan's Regimen has pretty much stopped that completely. Really depends on your hygiene and your hormones. Right now you're only 14, so who knows if you're going to be a stressed out individual, or someone who just loves life. This does take into effect with acne. Keep clean linens, try not to freak out over highschool drama, and use Dan's regimen. Your acne should disappear or stay very mild for the course of your "teenage" years.