Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

heyy, i need like alittle bit of help.

for like 2 months i had perfect clear beutiful skin because i started a new skin care routiune (before i have pretty severe acne) now recently (like about 3 days ago) i just all of a sudden got about moderate acne again, over about 2 days!! i feel sooooo sad:(

i had sooooo much confidence before i felt sooo pretty and now i dont even wanna leave my house:(

so anyway for about 4 months i have been really concerened about my wirght eventhough i am told im skinny. I would say i had been like on the edge of beomming anorexic. now that my acne is returning i have been constintly pickign at it and barley eating, ii think taht over the last month my eating has gotten really bad, especially now, since the beggining of september i have lost about 8-10 pounds by not eating breakfast or lunch and very little dinner. its liek i have to make up for haveing bad skin. my mom had also had previously had an eating disorder.

i dont know what to do its like controlling me.whats hould i do, should i tell someone? or what?

Hey,

First of all you need to get some help with your eating problems. There are many different products to try on acne, it's all about finding the one that will help with yours. But if you make yourself too ill from not eating properly, acne is actually going to end up the least of your worries. I think you need to concentrate on your eating, get that back on track and then you can deal with clearing your skin.

There are actually a lot of people who say that healthy eating can help with clearing skin, not eating properly is definitely not going to help.

Unfortunately with acne there will be setbacks. When your body adjusts to a new routine it can stop working. You then need to find something else. Hopefully soon you'll hit on something that will permanently work for you.

Hard as it is to do try not to let your skin stop you leaving the house. That will make you lonely and result in you finding it all harder to deal with. Try and go out with people that you know you can trust, friends who won't even notice your skin.

Take things slowly, expecting too much can just end up all the more disappointing when you get let down.

Speak to someone that you trust about your eating but yes get some help before you get yourself in any deeper.

i dont know what to do its like controlling me.whats hould i do, should i tell someone? or what?

Yes. Do it now before it takes control of you. Can you tell a school counsellor?

to foomph: i do have a school councellor but im not sure if i should tell anyone cause my dad will have me to doctor right away if he finds out.

Do you have a kids help line out where your live? if you do I would call that. I have called toll free help line numbers all the time. Sometimes they can really help just to talk to.

But honestly you should start eating healthy like others are suggesting. healthy eating promotes good skin... if you arent eating healthy your skin will likely get worse, which will make you want to not eat even more, it will just be a vicious circle. Call a free help line if you have one, discuss with them and then if I were you I would go to the school counselor... anorexia is no joke. You sound alot like me, I was like that in high school and got to the point where I didnt eat at all for days... I ended up talking to a school counselor and she really helped me, but she never told my family about our talks so it was good.

I've been in the same position as you, kind of. I'll skip breakfast and lunch, maybe have a tiny snack, and just eat dinner when I'm depressed about how my face looks. Somehow, I think that it'll make my acne clear up, although it's a lie. I can definitely relate to the feelings your experiencing. I know acne sucks, but please don't ruin your life over it. Eventually everyone on these threads are going to find the cure for their acne, or maybe it will just magically go away. What happens when that comes around? You don't want to have to be suffering from the effects of what you did while you were suffering. I know how you feel about your image. How everything about you feels disgusting. But remember, it's all in your head most of the time. Take a deep breath and realize that you are your biggest critic, and no one is analyzing your imperfections like you are. (: live your life, or at least try to. I know I don't always follow these standards, just this afternoon I felt like taking my life away, but every wound heals itself in time. Please be strong and eat something -- no matter how hard and painful it may be. I'm here for you, so if you ever want to talk feel free to im me [kaleyified] or send me a message on the org. Good luck and work towards happiness.