Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
rideburton1

What should I do? need help

Hey guys,

Well I have been suffering from acne for about 5-6 years now and last year I was put on Accutane. 5 months later (Now) its coming back. I went to my dermatologist and he prescribed Differin Gel. I was hoping to get back on Accutane but he didnt want to. Right now, it is currently getting worse as every day passes. What do you guys recommend me do? Suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!

Hey guys,

Well I have been suffering from acne for about 5-6 years now and last year I was put on Accutane. 5 months later (Now) its coming back. I went to my dermatologist and he prescribed Differin Gel. I was hoping to get back on Accutane but he didnt want to. Right now, it is currently getting worse as every day passes. What do you guys recommend me do? Suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!

Differin takes awhile before yielding positive results. A lot of people freak out when they break out after the first week of treatment. Granted, for some people it may not work incredibly well, but the only way to find out is to keep using it for at least a couple of months. I stuck with it and it worked extremely well for me. I've had moderate (and at times severe) acne for 10 years.

Stick with the treatment per the instructions on the insert, don't forget to apply it and use an inert moisturizer every night, and mess with lesions as little as possible.

Hope this helps. :)

Hey guys,

Differin takes awhile before yielding positive results. A lot of people freak out when they break out after the first week of treatment. Granted, for some people it may not work incredibly well, but the only way to find out is to keep using it for at least a couple of months. I stuck with it and it worked extremely well for me. I've had moderate (and at times severe) acne for 10 years.

Stay with it, don't forget to apply it and use an inert moisturizer every night, and mess with lesions as little as possible.

Thanks for the advice. Should I put the moisturizer on before the differin gel? I use to use differin gell a while back before accutane. It worked moderately. I am just scared that I will gain more scars than i do now. Accutane helped me out a lot. Should I seek another dermatologist too?

A second opinion probably couldn't hurt if you'd like to hear from more than one doctor.

As far as the Differin goes, always apply it before the moisturizer just after showering or washing your face. The insert that comes in the box with the tube should have adequate instructions. For me, Cetaphil cream worked better than anything else and I tried many different moisturizers. It also came highly recommended by my dermatologist. Additionally (and though it may not matter at all), Differin and Cetaphil are both marketed by the same company (Galderma).