Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I had the most frustrating conversation with my boyfriend last night

he basically told me that he thinks it's disgusting that I put creams and things on my face before I go to sleep and ranted about how it's unnecessary and bad for me etc

I just don't really know how to handle this because I know that it's necessary for me to have this routine to keep my skin from breaking out and he has absolutely NO idea what it's like to have any skin issues AT ALL which doesn't help

he's just so stubborn and thinks that "exercise and good nutrition" is all I need (yeah one of THOSE)

how do I reason with him/get him to understand?

Have you ever heard the expression "Ignorance is bliss?"

Your boyfriend is either an insensitive Individual or he has no Idea the mental impact acne has one people.

I think maybe in is own your boyfriend is saying you are beautiful just the way you are but it doesn't know how articulate himself. Either way he is being unfair to you.

If I were you I would say this to him

"If I disgust you so much then don't kiss me and don't share a bed with me" I am sure he will apologise if you take the good loving away.

I think you should tell him straight.

All the best.

Explain to him you need to do it as you have sensitive skin and tell him to be grateful he doesn't have to do it!

Plus if you tell him you'll be moody and unhappy if you break out he might decide it's easier to let you get on with it!

"If I disgust you so much then don't kiss me and don't share a bed with me" I am sure he will apologise if you take the

That would just make problems worse

Better to explain the emotional problems than to try to manipulate him, for all intents and purposes.

Tell him how it affects you, whether or not it makes you feel self conscious, agitated, or anything like that