Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Short2003

Retin A / Vitamin A facial cream while on accutane

Ask your derm. My derm encouraged me to use it at least once a week while on the course and I did. Sometimes I used it twice, but usually only once since it induced peeling. Still, I'm glad I kept my skin accustomed to it because now I use it every other day and it's been wonderful. Run it by your derm to see what he or she thinks.

definitely not. but a lot of dermatologists prescribe this after the course is finished.

yeah he told me not to take any vitamin a and to make sure the multi I was taking didn't exceed x amount of vitamin A which it did, booo.. but yeah, he never mentioned anything about not using a vitamin a cream..

I just visited my derm who prescribed me Vitimin A cream to reduce scarring. I won't start to use it until I have finished my last Accutane pill because I don't want to overdo it.

Bad idea?

It's obviously up to your dermatologist, but I would say it's not a good idea seeing as how isotretinoin is a very powerful vitamin A derivative and anything containing vitamin A is typically minimized during therapy.