Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Automan

Is it ok to moisturize more than two times a day?

I have been on the regimen for about 1 week now and my skin is improving. My face isn't as oily as before (due to bp) and I have lesser pimples on my face. However, my skin is dry and flaky, especially around the chin and mouth areas. Why is this so? I tried gently rubbing against the dry and flaky skin in the showers, it works at first. But after awhile, the flakiness starts to come back. So I wanna ask if its ok to moisturize more than two times a day?

My skin was dry and flaky (especially around my mouth) until about my third week on The Regimen. I'd moisturize after applying the Benzoyl Peroxide, and within half an hour, the flakes would be visible again.

Try gently, gently going over your face with a washcloth in the shower to get some of the dead skin off. Then, after you apply your BP, moisturize. I've found that adding a couple drops of extra virgin olive oil (alternatively, a lot of people recommend jojoba oil or emu oil) to my moisturizer seems to help my skin greatly.

Is there any other way to get the flaky skin off other than applying more moisturizer, adding afew drops of jojoba oil and gently going over my face with a washcloth?

Is there any other way to get the flaky skin off other than applying more moisturizer, adding afew drops of jojoba oil and gently going over my face with a washcloth?

As new as you are to The Regimen, your skin's probably already pretty irritated and sensitive. I wouldn't recommend any type of heavy duty exfoliation, because it would probably just irritate your skin even more. Just be patient. Your skin will get better. In the scheme of things, a few weeks of dry skin (as annoying and embarrassing as it is) really isn't a big deal.

Well, I just hope that the flakiness will go away. I was thinking of buying jojoba oil, but I think I'll just wait and see.