Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
iCogito

I am always cold

Anyways, I am always cold. For example, u know how it's hot outside but then u go home turn on AC or go into stores and walk around and feel good? Well, doesn't happen to me! I get hot ouside then when I go to the stores or home with AC I get cold. I always carry a jacket with me to every class I go. It's California people. It's soo hot ouside but I am always cold inside. I thought it was normal..like "well, I have no fat" and etc. But then when I looked around my classes there r girls who weight like me and wear shorts and dresses.What is wrong with me? I am always cold, I am the only person in my house who wears sweater and socks in the middle of californian summer when ac is on. :ninja:

I feel like this too when I was on a fast

I would wear like 3 layers of long sleeves under my jacket in BRIGHT SUNNY day

But if u eat regularly I guess u have really low blood pressure then

Anyways, I am always cold. For example, u know how it's hot outside but then u go home turn on AC or go into stores and walk around and feel good? Well, doesn't happen to me! I get hot ouside then when I go to the stores or home with AC I get cold. I always carry a jacket with me to every class I go. It's California people. It's soo hot ouside but I am always cold inside. I thought it was normal..like "well, I have no fat" and etc. But then when I looked around my classes there r girls who weight like me and wear shorts and dresses.What is wrong with me? I am always cold, I am the only person in my house who wears sweater and socks in the middle of californian summer when ac is on. :ninja:

There's several reasons why this could be happening. If your experiences are anything like mine (they sound a little similar; hot then cold) then you aren't getting enough good fat in your diet. Include a couple tablespoons of virgin coconut oil, a tablespoon or more of good quality butter/ghee, and EVOO in your daily diet and see if that doesn't help. Also try and fit some protein in when you can as it has a "thermic effect" on the body (heats it up when it is digested; this also contributes to satiety).

I'm like that too. I'm just comfortable at a slightly higher temp than I guess other people. And I hate for my arms and legs to be cold. I keep my AC set around 80 most of the time, with my ceiling fans on. I find a warm temp with a nice breeze to be the most comfortable. Almost everyone else, and businesses, keep their AC set on freeze. Although many of those other people tell me they like the heat, yet have their AC set below 70. I hate that. You can't dress for the climate if it means you will freeze when you step in doors.

Large buildings usually can't get the temp even everywhere so they set it cold so there won't be some rooms that are too hot. Don't know why they couldn't just boost the fan or add an additional fan or whatever.

I have a slightly low body temp and used to have fairly low blood pressure. Exercise to boost circulation can help. I also moisturize my legs with oil and that seems to help trap in heat and keep me a little warmer.

Eat more saturated fat and heavy meats like steak.

Works for me.

I only get cold when I'm not eating enough meat and fat.

It might also have something to do with the fact that you are avoiding all dairy. You could try some whole-fat cheese and butter and see if it helps - they have lots of good fat.

Thanx for your advices. Now it mkaes sense.Well, I barely eat fat. Can I have some Virgin Olive Oil instead of coconut? And if my low blood pressure is low, how can I fix it?

Thanx for your advices. Now it mkaes sense.Well, I barely eat fat. Can I have some Virgin Olive Oil instead of coconut? And if my low blood pressure is low, how can I fix it?

Olive oil's great but you do want to get some saturated fat in your diet. In my experience, this is what will help warm you up and give you more energy.

I should mention though that everyone is different and I think one key to boosting metabolism/staying warm/being in good health is to eat based on what makes you feel good overall (obviously things like sugar don't apply here because they may make you feel good initially but are followed by crashes). If, like me, protein doesn't agree with you in the morning but is great at dinner/lunch, then follow that rather than try and eat things that don't make you feel well. The best advice comes from your body; listen to it ;) .