Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Adam15

Here's one for you...

Okay, I just randomly remembered this, and my memory for this is somewhat lacking. HOWEVER! When I was living with my mum (about 6years+ ago), my back acne (and if I remember correct, acne pretty much everywhere else too) almost entirely cleared up. Living at my dad's place it goes crazy.

Now I can't re-in-act this as my mum has moved house now, so it wouldn't be objective to past experience - plus it would be inconvenient due to work and other things.

I'm just wondering what your opinions are on this, what could cause this behavior?

My dad's house is much, much older (like 300yrs old or something), could it be due to amount of dust accumulated in the house over all this time, and other particles?

I know this is kinda random but would be interesting to get some ideas on this :D.

Perhaps, i'll ask my mum what detergent she uses, and if she's always used that. I know my dad changes detergent now and then, but it doesn't seem to affect my acne. Recently he went from non-bio to bio, but no change as far as I can tell.

I'm planning on getting a new bed soon anyway, so i'll get brand new sheets. I'm sure there's things that don't get washed out which aren't nice to have around. I work at a holiday park, and I know that they wash all the sheets at such a temperature to kill bacteria and such, that they can't wash the bed stay-dries (like a rubbery plastic thing under the matress cover) as they would melt! So the temperatures we use at home, especially with all the being green business, aren't ample to kill everything.

Can anyone suggest a reasonably priced more natural detergent to Persil etc?

Do your parents live in the same city/town. If not, maybe its the different weather and different air? I know I break out much worse in the winter time and when its really cold.

My mum is in town about 3miles away from here. Here - my dad's place - is a small village. So air here is definitely better, so it can't be that :P.

:D

I'm gonna try those Soap Nut things mentioned in another thread.

If anyone else is interested I found http://soapnuts.co.uk/ to be best price and product range (cheap samples, 99p, and free shipping for limited time atm it says).

Just to give you some experience with the soapnuts I have been using them for several months. I wash my clothes at a pretty high temperature and I use several soapnuts in the bag you get when you buy it. My clothes seem very clean and they don't smell of artificial fragrance.

You're in for a treat:)

What about pets like dogs and cats? Always wondered if pet dander or something with pets could cause a reaction?

Oooh, this is a good point. At the time we had two german shepherds at my dad's, no pets at my mum's. Now-a-days we've just got the one here, other had to be put down :(. Mum has no pets.

So could be that! Well, this is harsh, but I guess i'll find out in the near future. My dog is 14 and wiki says.. "The average lifespan of a German Shepherd is 11-12 years, which is normal for a dog of their size." :(.

Just to give you some experience with the soapnuts I have been using them for several months. I wash my clothes at a pretty high temperature and I use several soapnuts in the bag you get when you buy it. My clothes seem very clean and they don't smell of artificial fragrance.

You're in for a treat:)

Sounds good! I always buy products without fragrance so that'll be nice. Think I may add a little essential oil - the citrus and red mandarin ones sound lovely :D; nature has the best fragrances :).

Oh and, did you see any improvement in your skin from changing?

Sorry to bump (another) old thread. But thought I would add my dog died a few months back :(. However, it was not she who was causing me grief. So no - not pets. Will miss her though, was a lovely dog :(.

• Forced to go to bed on different schedule, resulting in a more normal melatonin cycle which, combined with adequate zinc clears skin.
  • Bedroom on one place is darker (e.g., less light pollution at night), helping melatonin cycle.
  • Drinking water in one place has lots of copper, blocking zinc absorption, resulting in worse acne.
  • Drinking water in one place has galvanized steel (or poor choice of water softener) giving you large doses of zinc, resulting in better acne.
  • Minor changes in diet can affect both zinc status and melatonin cycle; hard to believe you would have identical diets in both places.

Always lots of possibilities!

Sorry to hear of your dog...

[*] Bedroom on one place is darker (e.g., less light pollution at night), helping melatonin cycle.

I think we've solved it, at least one definite reason! At my mum's place my bedroom was in the converted attic - so no windows and it was pitch black in there at night :).