Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
fineday

When do you get the dryness?

Hello. I just started taking 40mg a day since 9/12 but I dont feel anything different yet. When does the drying and peeling occur? Just very nervous about side effects.

Thanks.

i think it depends on the individual and the dosage. i started getting very dry within the first week, but i was also on 80 mg.

you should have some moisturizer (if you're not using it already) and something for chapped lips so that you're prepared when the dryness sets in. good luck!

i started gettin dry at the end of the first week-beginning of the second week...

i guess it just depends on how long it takes ur bodi to adapt to the medicine.

Guest missyjean130

i got dry,i think, by the end of week 1 on an alternating 40/80mg dosage.

I start gettng dry in the first few days although its different for everyone.

Also a month or 2 in you will probably start getting less and less dry as your body adapts to accutane (dont worry its still working) but when you up your dosage (if you do) then your skin will go back to being dry again.

oh thanks for the answers. i guess there is no exact time. first day i took, i had real bad headache and was really really tired. i fell asleep as soon as i took the pill for the first two days but since the 3rd day, i dont even feel tired. i am worried about the potential side effect but time will tell. my face seems little more oilier but i cant even tell for sure.