Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
lappj

Who has done/is considering a TCA peel done at home?

I wish somebody who used TCA peel at home before replied. :)

I'm looking for information about the same subject for hours going through threads. I have mild scarring (or I'm hoping that they are mild :P) and thinking about purchasing 15% TCA peel but I'm pretty scared to apply it myself. I don't want to cause anymore damage or hiperpigmentation.

I bought 12.5% TCA from Platinum Skin Care. I applied only two layers. I had minimal redness and minimal pain and followed pre- and after-care religiously. If you plan on getting sun exposure in the next six months, I don't recommend TCA UNLESS you're willing to apply sunscreen of at least SPF 30 daily for the next six months.

Read around at the Platinum Skin Care site, they have great instructions. You can even email them questions and they'll answer.

I bought 100% TCA from mytcapeel.com (Anais) for a TCA CROSS (chemical reconstruction of skin scars). NEVER apply that strength to the whole face. NEVER!!

You must follow instructions carefully and be safe while the bottle is open, too. Keep children and pets completely away from the area (lock the door as children are likely to be curious when you say don't open the door and will do so anyway....startling you perhaps into spilling the solution, getting it where you don't want it, or worst case scenario, getting in the child's eyes or some other vulnerable bit.)

Thanks for the info. :)

I didn't know about the difference between TCA peel and TCA cross before reading a few threads here and I'm glad I read them now. I can never ever do TCA cross at home all by myself. It's too risky. However, all the people who tried TCA peels by themselves seem happy with the results or I just bumped into the positive feedbacks so far.

I already paid a fortune in past 6 months for fraxel treatment and I'm not sure if I can afford a physician for TCA peels now. On the other hand, buying a homekit looks a lot more cheaper. Only if I could be sure, if it's easy to apply and won't bring me break outs or more scarring. Fraxel treatment didn't make wonders for me, but at least I'm not wearing make-up anymore and I don't want to mess it up again. :)

Some people will break out from a TCA peel. Others don't. I did not but that doesn't mean you won't. When in doubt, don't do it, or choose the lowest possible strength for your first try (one layer of 12.5% TCA). It is better to go with an experienced person who knows how to do peels, though.

I've been using 15% TCA for a long time and it works. It takes a while for the complete results though. I think I still see some improvements as long as 6 months since last using it. I use it on a small area at a time. It gets rid of small red marks, shallow indents and lines.

Ah damn, I wish I came back here and read what you wrote once again Wynne. :(

I purchased a 15% TCA peel, and did my third session today. But I believe I couldn't apply it properly again and I'll see no improvements again. I was all confused about how to apply the second layer and I read somewhere saying wash it off after max 5 mins. Now I visited that platinum skin care's website and learnt that I should've applied the second layer after waiting 5 mins. I hate that I wasted my time so far. :( But I'll do it properly after around 20 days. :P *crosses fingers*

well i just purchased TCA 10% and im naturally tan skin since im hispanic but since I've never done it before im wondering as to how many layers i should apply got any advice?

Just one layer if you never had a chemical peel before. They tend to cause pigmentation problems with darker skinned people. So be cautious. ;)

Next time I'm thinking about doing a 3 layer peel, but I have fair skin and used chemical peels several times before (started with 10% glycolic).

oh but I have been using 5% Glycolic pads daily for like almost two months.....so maybe 2-3 layers would be good right?

I have just ordered TCA peel complex and TCA 10% peel from Anais today, so I'm looking forward to recive it. I will return with results, when I start using it :D

oh but I have been using 5% Glycolic pads daily for like almost two months.....so maybe 2-3 layers would be good right?

Hey there,

Have you done it already? :)

If I were you, I'd go for just one layer for the first time, but then I'm just too chicken about acid peels. :)

I had 6 glycolic peels (started with 10%, ended with 50%) in 6 months, also had 3 fraxels at the same time.

@Girl-ish;

Can't wait to hear your results!

I can tell that applying a 15% TCA only one layer doesn't help at all. ^^

After a month, finally I did a three layer tca peel and the first thing I can say is "It damn hurts!". It's only 15% but once you start applying multiple layers, it hurts quite badly but it doesn't last long hopefully. If you can handle it for 4-5 mins, pain cools down. Though then you know you need to apply one more layer and the pain will be triple of the former. :P Now I put on md's vitaplus clearing complex masque on my face for 20 mins which the dermatologist was using after glycolic peels in hospital and advised me to use it. Also I didn't do a full face peeling this time, applied it on my cheeks only where most of the red spots and scarring are. I hope this peeling helps a bit more this time. I really want to see some improvement. :)