Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
brandolynn

Strapless bras

Seriously, tape can provide support and/or cleavage, not necessarily duct tape. There are also self-adhesive bras. Haven't tried one myself though.

duct tape? lol. I bet that hurts coming off.

I was wearing a strapless bra today because the top I am wearing has a very wide neck, and my regular bra straps showed. So, against my better judgment I put on a strapless. It wasn't long before it was wrapped around my stomach. :doubt:

LOL Omg, I remember I wore a strapless for Halloween once... and sure enough It kept sliding down around my stomach :/. I learned my lesson tho! Strapless bras really do suck.

Seriously, tape can provide support and/or cleavage, not necessarily duct tape. There are also self-adhesive bras. Haven't tried one myself though.

I have tried these and they work pretty well. Strapless bra's do suck.

They are soooo evil. If they stay up they are practically a torture device, the way the bite into your skin and suction on. By the end of the day you have this red ring around your ribcage.

If they are relatively comfortable, then you are constantly tugging to keep them up...

They are also incredibly ugly....would it kill to add a bow or something on them? They often look like mannequin parts, with the plain, nude sculpted cups.

Guest missyjean130

Victoria secret has bras with differently placed straps, so depending on your blouse/dress they will remain hidden.

Victoria secret has bras with differently placed straps, so depending on your blouse/dress they will remain hidden.

Yea, I have one of those. The infinity edge .. it's good because you can adjust the straps to halter, racerback, etc .. but as a strapless it also SUCKS it provides no support and I kept having to pull it up. So my quest continues for the perfect strapless bra .. I was thinking to buy one size smaller lol I don't know maybe that's silly but I figure it will be a little tighter so I wont have to pull it up all day! :think:

Guest missyjean130

I've actually tried the adhesive bras..underneath my regular bra to make my boobies look larger LOL. But no, they lose their stickiness fast!

Victoria's secret has a few great bras. They have the ones that have regular straps with little hooks on them so you can make it like a criss-cross. great for certain tank tops and such. Also, they do make comfortable strapless bras with removable straps. They stay up very well compared to most strapless bras as well. They're a bit more expensive though. But I invested in one and I love it. No marks and no tugging constantly. it's one in their "Body by victoria" collection.

Also... wanna know vikki's secret?

Her husband started the store and named it after her.

:)

true story.

I got mine from David's Bridal for my wedding - it's actually more of a strapless *corset*. Has plastic boning that runs all the way down to my hips, but it's fairly comfertable for me. I was surprised, though, the difference between a regular strapless bra and the corset. There's no way I could wear a regular strapless bra, for me, there's no support whatsoever. I'm just that big.

Although, I did consider some duct tape for my wedding....that was before the MIL took me to David's Bridal....

Guest missyjean130
I got mine from David's Bridal for my wedding - it's actually more of a strapless *corset*. Has plastic boning that runs all the way down to my hips, but it's fairly comfertable for me. I was surprised, though, the difference between a regular strapless bra and the corset. There's no way I could wear a regular strapless bra, for me, there's no support whatsoever. I'm just that big.

Although, I did consider some duct tape for my wedding....that was before the MIL took me to David's Bridal....

That might make me look like I actually have boobs...excellent...bwahaha

You can have some of mine, missy! :lol: I'd love to be smaller breasted. To get any kind of decent support, straps or otherwise, I either have to wear two bras or else drop 80 bucks on a decent bra. I've got a friend, she can take 30 bucks and go to Wal Mart and have 3 cute bras that last her for a year....

Victoria's secret has a few great bras. They have the ones that have regular straps with little hooks on them so you can make it like a criss-cross. great for certain tank tops and such. Also, they do make comfortable strapless bras with removable straps. They stay up very well compared to most strapless bras as well. They're a bit more expensive though. But I invested in one and I love it. No marks and no tugging constantly. it's one in their "Body by victoria" collection.

VS bras run big through the band though... :dry:

I wear a 32 and their 32 bands are rarely small enough on the smallest hook. Their strapless bras don't stay up well on me for that reason.

I have the convertible one with the straps that you can move anywhere on the bra, with a clear center gore, but the band is a bit big on me and the cups are shaped funny & the edge shows under clothes. Still, it comes in handy sometimes. And at least it is not massively padded like most VS bras in my size....

it's weird everyone always complains about them but i really don't mind them. i find if i just put them one or two notches tighter than i'd usually wear a bra they hold up pretty good. they suck for cleavage though, if you're into that. haha.

Yeah, the strapless bras suck! But it is very useful...! Last month, I wore it and went to a nigh club. When I was dancing and having a good time, one of my friends pointed out my stomach. OMG..! I looked down, and it was wrapped around my stomach... :lol: I was so embarrassed, but at the same time, it was so funny! But I lean my lesson :snooty: STRAPLESS BURAS REALLY SUCK :naughty:

i hate strapless bras.

i hate all bras.

so i can feel your pain. has anyone tried that bra that has no straps, and you can supposedly wear it with anything? i've seen it on infomercials a few times.

i hate strapless bras.

i hate all bras.

so i can feel your pain. has anyone tried that bra that has no straps, and you can supposedly wear it with anything? i've seen it on infomercials a few times.

Heh, I think those are the ones that are like silicone boobs with a glue-like substance inside that keeps em sticky. The problem with those is that after your third time wearing it, the stickiness is gone. they fall right off. That happened to me, I stuck it on my boobs and three seconds later it popped right off and onto the floor. My boyfriend could NOT stop laughing. Neither could I.

Eventually, I learned that with certain clothes I don't even need a bra. My boobs are relatively small, so I'm one of the lucky few who gravity does not take hold of. I probably could go without, but I'm not comfortable with being so free-flowing :D

ugh. i hate being a girl. i knew it sounded too good to be true. thanks for the feedback :)

n lol about free-flowing. i swear i wouldn't wear a bra if it wasn't obvious that i wasn't. lmao. which will never happen.

VS bras run big through the band though... :dry:

I wear a 32 and their 32 bands are rarely small enough on the smallest hook. Their strapless bras don't stay up well on me for that reason.

I have the convertible one with the straps that you can move anywhere on the bra, with a clear center gore, but the band is a bit big on me and the cups are shaped funny & the edge shows under clothes. Still, it comes in handy sometimes. And at least it is not massively padded like most VS bras in my size....

VS is a poor choice for ladies who wear a 32. I've pretty much given up on them because they typically only have 32A and try to push me (32C) into a 34B instead. That's not going to work for a strapless. Honestly, I've gotten to the point where I don't even buy anything that needs strapless bras anymore because I just can't find anything that fits. People look at me like I am crazy when I ask for a 32C or even a 32B as a backup.