Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
whatsnewithu

want to go on spiro

i want to try out spiro since i've heard good results from other ppl who have also had acne problems. i have moderate to severe acne [cysts on my cheeks, chin and jawline]. the only problem is that i recently been approved for insurance and was effective about a week ago and think that if i go to the derm and ask for spiro the insurance might not cover costs because of it being considered a "pre-existing" condition. do you think my insurance [blue cross] will cover spiro?

I would think so. You can always get the prescription and take it to the pharmacy. Tell them you're not sure if it will be covered. Then they can run it through and if the insurance stops them for some reason, you can just tell them you don't want it. No big deal :)

i have blue cross as well and spiro was actually free because it is a blood pressure medication and considered "preventive care" so they give it to you for free. basically because they would rather you have the med to make sure you dont get worse promblems...since acne is not what spiro is normally prescirbed for, they just assume its your blood pressure.