Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
SkinBeingaDouchebag

Which is worse?

Which is worse?  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Wearing foundation that is too dark or too light?

• Oompa Loompa
    • Casper

I'm going to go with too light as being the better of the two....without makeup on, my face can be slightly lighter anyway, since makeup always keeps it from tanning like the rest of my body (which still doesn't tan much, but just enough).

Something about too dark really makes that "line" on the jaw very obvious....

Yeah I guess lighter is better than darker. Since the makeup oxidizes as the day goes on and becomes darker anyway. I guess we have to wait till they invent makeup which doesnt oxidize...lol

Guest missyjean130

storebrands are usually too dark for me cos' girls are obsessive with having a tan.

I seriously have to go online for good makeup thats really white. I LIKE being white too, I look weird with darker skin.

The only drugstore brands that were a decent match was loreal true match and this covergirl stuff in the squeeze tube.

yeah and its impossible for me to find a makeup thats TOO white. Unless its pure white halloween makeup.

I honestly can't pick....I always wonder that though lol

If it's too light my face looks really weird in pictures...makes it obvious that I'm wearing makeup, I also look sick. If I wear a darker foundation then it's noticeable in person. Getting the right color is so hard :(

I guess I would pick light foundation cause it might look okay with a darker powder and/or bronzer?

to me lighter is better

im actually annoyed at the moment because my sister went to the store and i asked her to buy me my foundation and she bought it a shade too dark >.<

I'd rather it be too light like everyone else is saying.

Last year, I used MAC in the lightest shade all year long and finally realized it was too orange for my skin. eeek.

so I bought some loreal tru match and really like it. Yay. :D

Last year, I used MAC in the lightest shade all year long and finally realized it was too orange for my skin. eeek.

Did anyone ever come up to you to comment on your foundation? I'm scared someone might yell out something in front of everyone about my makeup being too dark/too light. How embarrassing. :redface:

Oompa loompa, for sure. It's easier to make something darker than it is to make something lighter. If you have makeup that's a bit too light, it's less noticeable and easier to make the right shade with either a little bit of a darker color in the same foundation or a slightly darker powder or simply a bronzer.

With the darker stuff, it's way more difficult since you would have to find a very light shade and apply a lot of it to make a difference. Darker takes more lighter, lighter takes only a little bit of darker.

Did anyone ever come up to you to comment on your foundation? I'm scared someone might yell out something in front of everyone about my makeup being too dark/too light. How embarrassing. :redface:

nopee. and when I asked my friends and ppl, they said it looked fine. I think they didnt really notice since I wore it everyday and they were used to seeing it. Except my sister, who said it sometimes looked like i Had mud on my face but I'm pretty sure she was talking about my bronzer...

But now that I've changed foundations, my friends comment on how "much more natural and better it looks than over last year which had an orange tint to it".. so yep.

Even though they're both TERRIBLE (i hate to see anyone looking like that, though it's happened to me before LOL) I'm gonna say lighter coz at least you can use a bit of bronzer to try and darken it a bit...however people tend to overuse bronzer and end up looking like an oompa loompa anyway so..

Hey sk3junkie, are there any yellowish shades in the L'oreal true match line or are they all pinkish...coz i always find that drugstore foundation tend to be very pink...i've actually never found a yellow-toned one :(

thanks

Hey sk3junkie, are there any yellowish shades in the L'oreal true match line or are they all pinkish...coz i always find that drugstore foundation tend to be very pink...i've actually never found a yellow-toned one :(

thanks

I'll chime in here and say that Loreal True Match has a very nice selection of colors. They have 3 categories: warm, neutral and cool, and then varying shades from light to dark in each. I found the neutral colors very natural and had a good match for my fair olive skin tone (N2 I think). I too find most drugstore foundations either too pink or too orange.

The reason I stopped using it was that it wore badly on my oily skin...it slid right off my face after a few hours. The coverage can be built up heavily, but it doesn't have the most "natural" look that way. I think Loreal Ideal Balance wore a bit better for me, and I had a good color match in that line too.

i guess lighter, since you can add bronzer and blush and highlighter and all that good stuff. lol.

i don't think i'll ever be able to find the right shade, though, so i now mix two shades, which is annoying, but i've accepted it. lol.

foundation is such a pain. it's a love hate thing for me.

thanks

I'll chime in here and say that Loreal True Match has a very nice selection of colors. They have 3 categories: warm, neutral and cool, and then varying shades from light to dark in each. I found the neutral colors very natural and had a good match for my fair olive skin tone (N2 I think). I too find most drugstore foundations either too pink or too orange.

The reason I stopped using it was that it wore badly on my oily skin...it slid right off my face after a few hours. The coverage can be built up heavily, but it doesn't have the most "natural" look that way. I think Loreal Ideal Balance wore a bit better for me, and I had a good color match in that line too.

Hey thanks for replying.

Damn, i guess then this foundation would be no good for me either then coz i have oily skin too....and i've had foundations slide off my face and it was not a good look haha

Oh well i guess i'll stick to my slightly too pink Revlon Colorstay - it's not that bad anyway...*sigh*