Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
kevin El

Masturbation Restriction 1 month

day 19, the two original cysts I wrote about that disappeared are swelling up again. Cysts never seem to go away unless the fibrous plug is removed. At least no new ones..

Howdy John! I've been doing this for two weeks. My acne seems to be pretty good, not bad if I don't pick. My skin looks a lot less red and feels a lot better too. Less dry peeling skin. Then again I've changed other things in my regimen, but so far this has no negative effect. I haven't been totally off of it, once a week. You have to do it sometimes I think total restriction from sex is not natural, therefor can't be good. Good luck man.

Jezebel: post here! Everyone dropped out anyhow. lol, kinda lame..

Parkside: Yeah, after this experiment, I will do it once a week. But so far so good, there is now no doubt a difference when you restrict.

Props to you for sticking with it. I couldn't, even though I tried lol. Way too much stress going on in my life right now.. Maybe I'll try again in a month after I graduate ;)

I swear this works. I'm going to do it. I am DESPERATE lol. Day 1 starting tommorrow. Time to hit the sack, I'll keep you updated.

Day 1:

After having clear skin for a month I have broken out again. 5 Little pimples on forhead at least, and a bunch on my left side of face.

day 18 --

ok sorry im a lil Late with mine HAHA.....

Skin Been healing up pretty good i also started Fish oil Pills And shit....but mostly Im Gettin Better.

This morning I Woke up and my skin was Less oily and all that jizz you know.....my Forehead sweats like a mug still but i just been wiping it off u know blah blah blah....

Overal/ getting Better No Break outs 3 days --- i have Severe and usually i get new breakouts Every Morning

Hey Started 1 Week Ago.

From One Week ago, my acne has improved, but then again it always does, and then breaks out again. Generally not masturbating improves my acne condition.

Just started using Benzyl Peroxide today, I've let my acne get too out of hand. And the lighting at school is terrible :). Have about 7 or 8 pimples, but the red marks left on my skin from previous pimples, make my acne look severe. And every now and then I'll have a bad break out with 20+ pimples.

I have a question though.

When I don't masturbate I get Wet Dreams about once a week, does Wet Dreams also increase hormone production? Does it cause acne as well?

Thanks

I didn't read all the previous posts heheh...

But I'VE TRIED THIS BEFORE!!... Unintentionally though... during that time I had noooooo sex drive whatsoeverrr!!!

I didn't masturbate for 3 months... HAHAHAH

My acne stayed the same.... Absolutely no change whatsoeverr... I'd say it even got a bit worse hahah.

I suppose it's like anything else, might work for some, won't work for others. Anyone familiar with RC on these boards will know he's a devout Catholic, and never masturbates, but had some pretty bad cystic acne, that he cleared with accutane by the way.

hmmm I think I might join this experiment, if it's not to late. I'm a male and I have always had an extrememly high sex drive and usually masturbate/have sex 2+ times a day. I remember a year or so ago I tried this experiment in a desperate attempt to stop my acne, along with some topicals and I was clear for a good 3-4 months. I have since not been able to replicate those results...so I'll try it again. I will let you know I am on accutane thou. I am starting my third month tomorrow, but I am not seeing any results what soever, in fact I'm still breaking out worse than I ever have in my whole live. I currently have between 15-20 pustules, ehww. Anyways, I'm going to try this starting tomorrow.

To Kevin El:

Love your sig. Stir Crazy, Eminem, nice ;)

After 2 weeks of not masturbate, I then decided it would be a good time to do it to see if I broke out, my face didn't break out for about a day or two but then broke out a little bit more.

Been masturbating since I was 17 anywhere from 0-3 times a night. Sometimes I'd skip a day or two but for the most part pretty consistent. I have gradually developed acne ever since the same age. It started out as a small whitehead here and there and eventually descended into covering my face and huge cysts all over my back at the age of 20. I'm 24 years old now and I'm going along with this quitting plan, my goal is two weeks and as of 11:00 PM tonight it will have been five days.

My acne seems to be gradually improving but it's kinda hard to tell because my face is so damn marked up.

I know that people have been speculating about acne and masturbation for years and years so I'm going to take a picture of myself every few days to document this, assuming I don't crack and give in like all the other times. Picture number one I took about four days ago of my acne riddled self, it's an attachment to this post. I'll take another one later tonight and again in a few days. If there's any improvement there will be a visual record of it.

Alright, four days later.

Not a dimes worth of difference between the two pictures really, but I feel as though there's less new pimples and maybe my skin is just healing from the previous ones. Could be a placebo thing in my mind, but I will finish the two weeks as that should tell me definitively.

lets keep this board alive guys! I was thinking of beating the sack after watching this really nice inappropriate movie lol but after seeing this board I'll continue my streak. Its been 21 days so far. I have one small pimple (much improved than before).

oh ya for the dude who posted above me i started to feel the difference when I hit 2 weeks. Then it just keeps getting better every day. My record was 30 days, and i intend to beat it! Wish me luck LOL

K... i saw this and i am interested too as i have really tried to quit mastering debates :D

seriously i'll try my best from now.

well a bit of initial data: got a big cyst on one side of my face and a couple marks from smaller cysts healing on the other side. some very small (minor?) bumps on a sensitive part of my face which i want gone as that part is very troublesome. on accutane 20mg every other day but i'll stop taking it at the end of this month (as my accutane course finished 2 years ago and these were just 'leftovers' that helped my little flare ups)

but i figure that the cause of the flareups after accutane helped me could be the new job stress and resorting to 'the act' when in stress.

wish me luck and i'll let you all know how its going.

take care.

gl Tom nice to have u on board. Its been 25 days for me and I've noticed things are getting even better. I'll post again after I reach 30 days. Man this sucks.....but since it helps then Im willing to do it!

ty strider... one week now for me and i think i'm seeing a difference (not too sure) but i'm definitely feeling better. not low or 'dirty' or too stressed at work. just feel a bit 'cleaner'. maybe its the christmas spirit :)

i have a theory but i think this was said in an earlier post: so doing 'it' results in hormone changes in the body which could be temporary. however doing 'it' excessively can mess things up as the body will be undergoing alot of hormonal strain/changes. so i guess this experiment sort of balances the hormones for us who go through with it.

it may be a normal thing to do but i agree that cutting it out for a while could help balance our bodies since the excessive androgens are responsible for the sebum etc etc. I am also trying out things like more fiber in the diet, lots of water (i stopped drinking soda 6 years now), less fast food and electrolytes like coconut water.

i hope this experiment helps and i have a good feeling and motivation from this post that i'm glad i found. so folks...1 week and going!!!

take care all.

looks like i wasn't able to hold up my end of the bargain :wall: . i end at 27 days. Thats about a month right lol. I've noticed that things got better acne-wise and just "feeling better" in general. I've decided to start over again but this time I'll hold it in for 2 months. I'll post if this "one time thing" made any changes and when it happened. But from my experience doing it once a month should be fine. Good luck everyone!