Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
LATOO

Claravis, Sortret, Roaccutane, etc

They all have to have the same active ingredient (isotretinoin) within a small range of each other (don't know the percentage though). So they're pretty much the same. Only difference is that some have different inactive ingredients/fillers, so if you're allergy prone you might want to check out exactly what each is made of.

Well Roaccutane is the brand name not a generic. So if you have that option then I would go for that.

The rest should be pretty much the same but they're not the original. They're generics.

Hey there,

Claravis, Sotret, and Amnesteem are generic versions of Accutane/Roaccutane, the brand name. They all contain the ingredient isotretinoin. There are two main differences. First, the generic versions are allowed by the FDA to have concentrations of isotretinoin anywhere from 75% to 100% of the concentration in the brand name version. Secondly, the generic versions are significantly cheaper than the brand name.

I'm on Claravis right now. I don't have any health insurance, so financially, accutane has set me back quite a bit. But in terms of the progress I've made while on this drug, money is not an issue.

I would suggest getting Claravis from Costco, because it's the cheapest there.

Pretty much all the same i would guess, i did sotret my first time around and now again but i have good insurance so i just chose the most expensive and most recommended by my derm