Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Jambo

Jambo's Personal Regimen Log

Hi all,

I have tried Dan Kern's Regimen before and it helped but unfortunately I got lazy, typical bloke I guess. :)

I am 27 and my acne is really pissing me off so I decided to start DKR again and try harder this time.

I took a pic at the start and after about 5 days I think it is starting to look better so thought it would be a good idea to log my progress. Might help me to keep my discipline too.

I am using DK cleanser and BP and just ran out of Eucerin moisturiser so am temporarily using a Nivea For Men one until my new DK order arrives when I will be using all DK products.

Here's my first pic and pic after 5 days. Hopefully the progress will continue.....

post-46495-1220111354_thumb.jpg post-46495-1220111365_thumb.jpg

post-46495-1220111354_thumb.jpg

post-46495-1220111365_thumb.jpg

Hi all,

I have tried Dan Kern's Regimen before and it helped but unfortunately I got lazy, typical bloke I guess. :)

I am 27 and my acne is really pissing me off so I decided to start DKR again and try harder this time.

I took a pic at the start and after about 5 days I think it is starting to look better so thought it would be a good idea to log my progress. Might help me to keep my discipline too.

I am using DK cleanser and BP and just ran out of Eucerin moisturiser so am temporarily using a Nivea For Men one until my new DK order arrives when I will be using all DK products.

Here's my first pic and pic after 5 days. Hopefully the progress will continue.....

post-46495-1220111354_thumb.jpg post-46495-1220111365_thumb.jpg

Congrats - I read your post in another thread and popped on over. You look better already. I would really suggest as you mentioned in the other thread to get on a dandruff shampoo product and stay on it, it will not only help your scalp, but will help your face too.

Keep it up and don't stop! Getting lazy is easy once you get clear, but it will start to pop up again!

Thanks Dawn.

I'm sure it was the Head And Shoulders for Men variety I used before. Is this the one you would recommend? It has the zinc ingredient.

Thanks.

If it worked before, then don't change! I think pyrithicone zinc is good and Wynne, one of the mods uses a selsun blue brand - she has it in her sig. If you don't see results, we can look into that one.

Hi,

Still making some decent progress. I've had a few spots have a go but the BP seems to be keeping them under control.

I received my Acne.org products so cleanser, BP and moisturiser are all Acne.org. I am also dabbling with the Acne.org AHA+ and Jojoba Oil but the latter I have only been using as lip balm at this stage.

My face has been quite dry but in particular my neck has been extremely flaky. I'm giving it a break from BP and trying to moisturise it back to some kind of normality.

Here is my most recent pic and I've attached my first one again for comparison. It's been 12 days.

post-46495-1220702298_thumb.jpg

post-46495-1220702322_thumb.jpg

post-46495-1220702298_thumb.jpg

post-46495-1220702322_thumb.jpg

the pre- treatment pic is the one on the bottom right?

Looks good - the jojoba is good for your neck and your flakes - mix it in with your moisturizer -it will really help! Do it at night if you are worried.

Hi,

I had to take a day off the regimen because my face and neck was so dry. I just moisturised that day. I've had a couple of little spots but again the BP seems to be getting rid of them quickly. It's been 12 days and I don't have any major spots but red marks are annoying me.

I took this pic in a different location which I was trying not to do but its not much different, only the lighting really.

post-46495-1221229474_thumb.jpg

post-46495-1221229474_thumb.jpg

Been a bit of a change of approach. I was reading more about Head and Shoulders and someone mentioned to me that my acne might be some kind of folliculitus so I thought I would give the H&S a try because it would save me a load of time.

I started that just after my last post and it is working nicely. So H&S Classic Clean Shampoo as a cleanser, then moisturiser with a couple of drops of jojoba oil in the morning. Then H&S at night and AHA.

My main issue at the moment is with red marks on my face but I know these will take some time to heal.

Here's my most recent pic which is a big improvemnet on my first one I think. I ran out of pic space so external link for this one:

http://img140.imageshack.us/img140/8784/pic5200908fz2.jpg

Hi Dawn,

Thanks a lot! :D

I'm so glad I made this post because when I look at my face today I think that it looks rubbish. But when I look at the difference (in the pics) from before and how it is now, I can see that I have made good progress. It is very easy not to appreciate your results because when you are looking at your face every day it is difficult to identify the changes so well.

I made a comparison image joining day one and todays pic (just approaching a month) side by side and hope that this helps people to see that the regimen can work.

http://img216.imageshack.us/img216/8233/picture1ay5.png

I just hope the progress continues.

Thanks again for your comments. :D

The AHA will help with redness. You should see it improve in a few weeks. Sounds like you got the right combination for your skin!

you look great - time is the answer to help clear up red areas. Do you still have some breakout? It doesn't look like it!

Thanks Dawn,

I still have the odd break out but it is kept under quite good control. I sometimes stlil use BP for spot treatment.

There is still a fair amount of redness which is not very apparent in the picture but I'm dabbling with the AHA and ACV to deal with it.