Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
xoctinaox

Silk Dust at Bedtime?

I see how some of you ladies use the 100% silk dust at bedtime. I was just curious as to what that does to your skin. Also when do you apply it. After you wash your face, apply bp, mosturize? or before you wash your face? Any clarification would be great!!

Thanks

I used to do this. The first few months it gave me silky, oil free skin upon waking up. I would apply it after washing, bp, and moisturizing. After a few months though it seemed to lose it's effect with the whole silky skin thing. Still oil free though. I have kind of combination skin so now i just don't really bother doing it. :)

The Silk Dust is the very last thing I put on my skin at night. I put on a layer right before I go to bed and it just helps make it so I don't wake up with an oil slick on my face in the morning which helps keep my pores from clogging at night. It's possible some gets rubbed off on my pillow, but I have noticed a difference in the morning. It also has some anti-inflammatory properties that are very helpful with defending against acne.

It's just meant to be a little extra something that makes my skin happy. I enjoy it greatly.

The Silk Dust is the very last thing I put on my skin at night. I put on a layer right before I go to bed and it just helps make it so I don't wake up with an oil slick on my face in the morning which helps keep my pores from clogging at night. It's possible some gets rubbed off on my pillow, but I have noticed a difference in the morning. It also has some anti-inflammatory properties that are very helpful with defending against acne.

It's just meant to be a little extra something that makes my skin happy. I enjoy it greatly.

Isn't this makeup though?? It seems strange to put this on while you sleep. Is that what is meant for? Or can it be used just as a finishing powder or something? :angel:

Isn't this makeup though?? It seems strange to put this on while you sleep. Is that what is meant for? Or can it be used just as a finishing powder or something? :angel:

Pure silk dust isn't makeup. It's more like a treatment and can definitely be used as a finishing powder or mixing with foundations or whatever you think up. EM sells it as a finishing powder, but you can do what you like with it. Pure crushed pearl powder (I bought some of this when EM was saying they were going to get rid of the silk dust) does the same thing. No makeup in it, generally safe for night time and a good alternative to those who can't use silk dust.

The tinted silk dust, however, does have makeup in it (the tint) and is not recommended to use as a night treatment.

Pure silk dust isn't makeup. It's more like a treatment and can definitely be used as a finishing powder or mixing with foundations or whatever you think up. EM sells it as a finishing powder, but you can do what you like with it. Pure crushed pearl powder (I bought some of this when EM was saying they were going to get rid of the silk dust) does the same thing. No makeup in it, generally safe for night time and a good alternative to those who can't use silk dust.

The tinted silk dust, however, does have makeup in it (the tint) and is not recommended to use as a night treatment.

k thanks. I wanted to try silk dust but I dont' think I'll apply it at night.