Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
tobias

Going low carb

This to me is so crazy. I cannot fathom that some ppl have cut grains completely. I wish I could do it, but I'll lose ridiculous amounts of weight. I do know however that other ppl here have done it, aren't becoming anorexic, and in some cases are actually making good weight gains and are getting a better physique.

So its gotta be possible and I need to tell myself, even if it doesn't end up helping, that at least I tried it.

So please share with me your practical day-to-day tips as to how you found a sustainable way to go without grains? :wiggle:

This to me is so crazy. I cannot fathom that some ppl have cut grains completely. I wish I could do it, but I'll lose ridiculous amounts of weight. I do know however that other ppl here have done it, aren't becoming anorexic, and in some cases are actually making good weight gains and are getting a better physique.

So its gotta be possible and I need to tell myself, even if it doesn't end up helping, that at least I tried it.

So please share with me your practical day-to-day tips as to how you found a sustainable way to go without grains? :wiggle:

Unaware. Actually it is best to have 0 carbs if you want to see any real results. It is simple.

Protein/Carbs = 4 calories/gm

Fat = 9 calories/gm

Eat enough grams of carbs and fats to reach around 3000 calories a day. You won't lose weight and you will get cut like a bodybuilder right down to the muscle. You will gain muscle if any weight at all. Something like:

200 grams of protein (800 calories)

200 grams of fat (1800 calories)

Should do the trick.

This is true, the body's need for carbs is absolutely zero. About 56% of protien and 10% of fat can be converted to glucose. The body runs very efficiently on saturated fats- yes, I said saturated fats- from natural sources like coconut oil, butter, and animal meats. I've been eating very low carb, high fat, moderate protein for 2-3 months and am 5'8" at 175 lbs and 9 % body fat- u don't need carbs to train.

Well, I only avoided grains for one month to see if it helped me feel better. It had no effect, but I did lose about 4 lbs. This is not about avoiding carbs, it's about being gluten intolerant and/or unable to digest grains. I eat a great deal of carbs. My skin cleared just by avoiding processed foods and drinks and eating more real, nutrient dense foods, especially those in the carb family. By avoiding most processed foods, you are avoiding a lot of refined carbs and bad fats.

Anyway, just have a little more healthy fats: olive oil, coconut oil, fatty fish, eggs, whatever animal products you care to eat.

Grains only have to be avoided if you are sensitive to gluten or have digestive problems eating starch. Some people are actually sensitive to all simple sugars and respond better to grains rather than fruits. Generally however, low-carb helps by stabilizing insulin and blood glucose levels to limit inflammation and isn't about cutting out grains completely but rather focusing on more nutrient dense foods. It also doesn't mean living on zero-carbs because most people find it very hard to do that for a long time and extended ketogenesis isn't the healthiest route either. Ketogensis for too long may cause insulin resistance. In addition, low insulin levels for too long cause the liver to produce glucose out of protein and you'll end up with occasional sugar spikes despite restriction of carbs.

The rule I abide by is that carbs should comprise about 15%-20% of total calories, fat about 50-60%, and protein about 20-30%, which really isn't all that hard. If you've noticed, the healthiest foods have the least amount of carbs: vegetables, berries, cocoa, meat, etc. It's not difficult to eat healthy and limit carbs. If you have room, you can even include things like pizza, rice, yogurt, etc, as long as carbs remain relatively low (though ideally you shouldn't, it wouldnt' hurt unless you find that you end up craving even more carbs). These percentages (roughly 65% calories animal based, 35% plant-based) also more closely follows the diet of most paleolithic populations. If your seeking to gain muscle though, it'll probably be difficult without some modifications. Low-carb diets are muscle sparing, however, and as long as you eat enough calories/protein you'll maintain the muscle you currently have.

I do low carb diet too

But mind that it's nearly impossible to do zero carb unless u feed on pure animal product diet ( tho egg has 1g of carb per...)

I dont really count how much I take per day but I always keep in mind that never go over 50g of carb per day

Though one of the reason I went on low carb is to lose weight haha ( well..Im not fat to being with...I like skinny figure more)

Well hm rice is good for u .. but has high carbs

is gluten free tho.. gonna start eating white rice to see if i break out :

I do low carb diet too

But mind that it's nearly impossible to do zero carb unless u feed on pure animal product diet ( tho egg has 1g of carb per...)

I dont really count how much I take per day but I always keep in mind that never go over 50g of carb per day

Though one of the reason I went on low carb is to lose weight haha ( well..Im not fat to being with...I like skinny figure more)

0 carbs is really like 15 grams of carbs or 60 calories from carbs. It is done by eating nothing but eggs, beef/chicken, bacon, peanut butter, protein powder, and water. It isn't easy, but the results are undeniable. Imagine knowing that all the energy you are using is being burned away from the fat on your body - and you don't really need to change your routine at all.

AGAIN rice is not good

it's just carb with nothing in it

I do low carb diet too

0 carbs is really like 15 grams of carbs or 60 calories from carbs. It is done by eating nothing but eggs, beef/chicken, bacon, peanut butter, protein powder, and water. It isn't easy, but the results are undeniable. Imagine knowing that all the energy you are using is being burned away from the fat on your body - and you don't really need to change your routine at all.

which brand of protein powder u think taste the best?

I bought the vanilla one from whole food and it tastes not good at all....

AGAIN rice is not good

it's just carb with nothing in it

Actually rice is good. It just depends on goals. If you are bulking up, rice is one of the best things to eat. If you want to get cut, then rice is not good.

ON Double Chocolate. I have tried several over the years. It is by far the easiest to drink and the best tasting. Their Casein on the other hand is absolutely torture.

ON Double Chocolate. I have tried several over the years. It is by far the easiest to drink and the best tasting. Their Casein on the other hand is absolutely torture.

x_x that whey protein has natural flavor...

which possible means it has gluten and MSG :doh:

I found this 1 on google O_O

http://www.jayrobb.com/cat_proteinWheyVan12.asp

have u tried it?

have u tried it?

It appears to be a complete ripoff IMO. $24 for 11 servings. ON 10lbs bag I got was $60 for 154 servings. You can try it if you can't eat gluten and MSG. But I would say you are losing money and wasting time if you don't use a proven whey protein supplement. There are lots of those out there that manufacture whey poorly or mix it cheaply. ON has been on the top for the past 5 years+.

Just looked at front page:

5lbs of that stuff = $137.82

20lbs of ON whey = ~$140.00

The choice is yours ^

have u tried it?

It appears to be a complete ripoff IMO. $24 for 11 servings. ON 10lbs bag I got was $60 for 154 servings. You can try it if you can't eat gluten and MSG. But I would say you are losing money and wasting time if you don't use a proven whey protein supplement. There are lots of those out there that manufacture whey poorly or mix it cheaply. ON has been on the top for the past 5 years+.

The choice is yours ^

haha ya that's what I thought too...it seems really expensive for the jayrobb one

I guess I'll stick to the whole food one since it's really "clean"...

it's just the taste kinda gets to me since Im trying a protein powder pancake recipe

i do a moderately low carb diet that is vegan. i eat lots of salads with nuts, seeds, olive oil. i eat lots of coconut, some natural organic peanut butter. baby carrots, pretty much any veggie. hummus occasionally. low sugar fruits like berries. avocado, hemp tortillas (basically a low carb, high protein, gluten free tortilla), sprouts, etc. i made my own chocolate w/ coconut oil, cocoa powder and stevia and peanut butter. i make my own ice cream with coconut milk, vanilla, stevia, peanut butter and cocoa. almond milk. flaxseed. sunflower seed butter. tahini.

the only way i feel great physically, keep my acne away and lose weight is by eating a low carb unprocessed vegan diet. it may sound really strict to some of you guys but im so used to it i dont mind at all. im just glad to be able to feel good physically and keep acne away.

i do a moderately low carb diet that is vegan. i eat lots of salads with nuts, seeds, olive oil. i eat lots of coconut, some natural organic peanut butter. baby carrots, pretty much any veggie. hummus occasionally. low sugar fruits like berries. avocado, hemp tortillas (basically a low carb, high protein, gluten free tortilla), sprouts, etc. i made my own chocolate w/ coconut oil, cocoa powder and stevia and peanut butter. i make my own ice cream with coconut milk, vanilla, stevia, peanut butter and cocoa. almond milk. flaxseed. sunflower seed butter. tahini.

the only way i feel great physically, keep my acne away and lose weight is by eating a low carb unprocessed vegan diet. it may sound really strict to some of you guys but im so used to it i dont mind at all. im just glad to be able to feel good physically and keep acne away.

omg I make ice cream with coconut milk too haha!!!

I found a recipe that uses cottage cheese in replacement of milk...it's the same amount but just uses puree cottage cheese~

do u make the hemp tortilla yourself?

I bake with flax seed to make tortillas~

:D i generally just buy them in the freezer section at the health food store. what do you put in your tortillas?

do you have any recipes for your coconut milk ice cream? when made good its so awesome. i just make sure to get a high quality brand of coconut milk then i put in the fridge until the cream separates then i drain the liquid, add the flavorings and omg its like heaven to be able to eat ice cream without feeling like death afterwards.

i want to try to make coconut milk yogurt, the real kind. i made a fake yogurt today with coconut milk, cinnamon, ginger, flaxseed, vanilla and then i added lemon juice and it has such a tart yogurty taste now. of course, no active bacteria but im working on that. oh, and no sugar. its awesome to find recipes you love that comply exactly with your restrictions!

You don't eat salmon ? >_>

Thought Canned salmon is healthy and has highhh protein.

I bought Tortillas from Ezekiel and imma add canned Salmon , salads , onions , Extra virgin olive oil ., and close !! then eat, ;/ :D:D

Never tried this...can't wait to try it.

have u tried it?

The choice is yours ^

haha ya that's what I thought too...it seems really expensive for the jayrobb one

it's just the taste kinda gets to me since Im trying a protein powder pancake recipe

That's what i buy the jayrobb one... is expensive cause is a good brand.^^

no sugars , no gluten , etc etc

And it TASTE great too... vanilla rules.

have u tried it?

The choice is yours ^

If money ain't a thang, get this:

http://speciesnutrition.com/order/store/co...sp?idProduct=54

Best protein supplement on the planet Earth. The way to tell how good a protein supplement is is to divide the protein grams over the serving size grams. 27g/29g = Domination ~ 93%. Most protein don't even get past 80%. But I am poor and use ON 100% whey like everyone else. :/

have u tried it?

The choice is yours ^

Best protein supplement on the planet Earth. The way to tell how good a protein supplement is is to divide the protein grams over the serving size grams. 27g/29g = Domination ~ 93%. Most protein don't even get past 80%. But I am poor and use ON 100% whey like everyone else. :/

thx might give it a try. :P ,

now i am in a gym , drank eggwhites then went to gym and it was helping :D

my muscle was so tight when i was exercising i could feel it.

felt like my muscle IS huge but is not lol

EGg whites are great the one i buy is 100% liquid eggwhites

and is tasteless which is good.

to bad is not raw.. cause is heated. :P

have u tried it?

The choice is yours ^

haha~~

it's going to sound funny...the reason I buy whey protein powder is because it expands my low carb recipe lol!!

:D i generally just buy them in the freezer section at the health food store. what do you put in your tortillas?

do you have any recipes for your coconut milk ice cream? when made good its so awesome. i just make sure to get a high quality brand of coconut milk then i put in the fridge until the cream separates then i drain the liquid, add the flavorings and omg its like heaven to be able to eat ice cream without feeling like death afterwards.

i want to try to make coconut milk yogurt, the real kind. i made a fake yogurt today with coconut milk, cinnamon, ginger, flaxseed, vanilla and then i added lemon juice and it has such a tart yogurty taste now. of course, no active bacteria but im working on that. oh, and no sugar. its awesome to find recipes you love that comply exactly with your restrictions!

http://healthyindulgences.blogspot.com/200...-wraps-you.html

the tortilla that i make is from this site!!!

it also has the cottage cheese recipe in there too~!!

When I make coconut milk ice cream...I just put 3 cups of coconut milk and 1/2cup coconut oil ( or heavy cream if u r not sensitive to dairy) then add stevia and vanilla extract in it

awesome, do you use an ice cream maker? do you separate the cream in the coconut milk cans (the solid stuff from the liquid) or do you just use it all?