Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
real maverick

Tagging EXPLAINED

You can now "TAG" your posts.

Tagging allows for better linking of similar topics. Example: If you add "acne scars" as a tag to your post, and I add "acne scars" as a tag to my post, when a member views my post and then clicks that tag, it will take them to a page with a list of all the threads tagged with "acne scars"

You can add multiple tags per post, in fact as many as you like but keep them relevant to your post.

To add a tag, simply click the post-22514-1220368297.png button at the top of the post page and add your keyword or phrase. Add one keyword or phrase at a time. So I may decide to add the following tags to this post "new feature", "tagging" and "Pauls rocks". I'd click the post-22514-1220368297.png button and add "tagging" and then click it again to add "new feature"

Think of tagging as an alternate search but of course the success of this, is dependent on your participation in the project. So please try to tag each of your posts.

If you have any questions, please ask them here, I really want to get everybody using this awesome feature.

post-22514-1220368297.png

I just wanted to bump this, because I think tagging can be really useful if used properly. We get a lot of similar threads on the boards, and tagging can make it a lot easier to find information about any particular subject.

I think it's a good idea as well and has already provided some laughs in the lounge. ^_^

though probably not as 'useful' as Real Maverick was hoping :lol:

I wanted to bump this thread, as I've noticed a lot of threads lately that have been tagged incorrectly.

Tagging works by linking threads that have the same tags. As Real Maverick said in the original post, a thread tagged "acne scars" will be linked to other threads that are also tagged with "acne scars".

Tagging works best when each tag contains only one word or phrase. When a tag is posted that contains several words or phrases, it significantly reduces the chances of there being any other threads with the same tag, which defeats the purpose of tagging.

--Here is an example of tagging
incorrectly
*:

(Tag)acne, pimples, dry skin, benzoyl peroxide, salicylic acid, the regimen, acne scars, medications

--Here is an example of tagging
correctly
:

(Tag)acne (Tag)pimples (Tag)dry skin (Tag)benzoyl peroxide (Tag)salicylic acid (Tag)the regimen (Tag)acnescars (Tag)medications

The first (incorrect) example would require that another thread also be tagged "acne, pimples, dry skin, benzoyl peroxide, salicylic acid, the regimen, acne scars, medications" for that tag to work, which isn't very likely.

The second (correct) example would link to several other threads based whichever tag was clicked on, and would allow the person clicking on any of the tags to find other threads dealing with that particular topic.

I hope this helps clears up how to utilize the tagging tool.

*"(Tag)" represents one tag