Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
f a m o u s

acne and sleeping

Do you sleep on your face? Like how do you lay in bed? If you lay on your side or on your stomach and have your face all over your pillow, it can clog your pores. I found that if i sleep on my back i have a lot less breakouts.

hey, hope your ok and your acne is clearing up... Does "not sleeping on your face" really work for you?

please get back to me

thanks

paul

It's an impossible task. Everybody changes position while sleeping, watch "Paranormal Activity" (on theatres right now).

Changing the pillow casing might help... but should we do this at a daily basis? Cause, what good is it just changing it twice a week? Everybody knows there's tiny little critters (dust mites, p. acne, etc.) all over the pillow and sheets, and washing them (even daily) won't get rid of them.

Maybe heating the casing in a microwave oven before one goes to bed? heheh Or just ironing it.

Then there's mite-proof pillow casings, anti allergic pillow casings... never tried these.

But just because you put pressure on your face when in contact with the pillow, doesn't mean it'll help develop zits... there's no logic to that.

I notice an oily face in the morning...so i thinkkk that ourr faces produce a lot of oil during nighttime and that probably causes a zit to pop up. whenever i USED to use BP it prevented those zits because it was very drying (however I would NOT recommend using BP all over the face as it has weakened my skin a lot).

actually due to exams the other day i have only slept for 2-3hours and when i woke up the next morning i saw really big nasty pimples all over my face so i think that sleep and acne does have its relationship.

sleep doesn't affect acne directly, but more or less, it affects the causes of acne. lack of sleep increases inflammation, insulin resistance, it obviously leads to more stress, and i'm willing to bet no one that doesn't get enough sleep is very happy.