Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
roxy250

Trying to Bulk up and Im not breaking out.

im trying to bulk up and Im working out 3 times a week.. I been eating what i feel is alot for a good 4 days now.. I had 8 servings of gluten free grains and a good amount of Raw butter...yesterday for lunch i had over 1,000 calories.. For some reason im not breaking out and i only have like 2 very small pimples.. maybe because The food im eating is really nutrient dense but i really am eating alot... Prolly around 3,000 calories... before i was eating like 2,200... Is anyone else trying to gain weight (Muscle) while dealing with Acne..

im trying to bulk up and Im working out 3 times a week.. I been eating what i feel is alot for a good 4 days now.. I had 8 servings of gluten free grains and a good amount of Raw butter...yesterday for lunch i had over 1,000 calories.. For some reason im not breaking out and i only have like 2 very small pimples.. maybe because The food im eating is really nutrient dense but i really am eating alot... Prolly around 3,000 calories... before i was eating like 2,200... Is anyone else trying to gain weight (Muscle) while dealing with Acne..

Eating 1000 calories in a single meal is pretty much worthless unless you are tying to get fat as quickly as possible.

your probably throwing your body off balance or tricking your metabolism...

just hope u dont break out later from all that junk your eating once your body gets used to it

Have you tried using a mass gaining supplement? I myself have never used one and do not have much knowledge on them but have read good reviews over the past year or so about certain brands and what to look for when shopping around. Sites that review these products can be helpful but some of the users will argue as to what will be the best.

If you take this path then try to find some literature or a credible source that will give you an unbiased summary of what would be most beneficial to you. Alot of the weight gainers can pack in an extra 1000 calories per serving which could be a big boost in helping you achieve those extra ten pounds.

O and what Lfobia said is pretty much the simplest advice you could get without all the jargon =)

Good luck with bulking up!

Same boat here, I've been consuming about 4000 calories a day but I spread it out. I strength train so i occasionally take in a little more. Since I've been getting back to the gym my skin has cleared up quite a bit actually, I think that I just tend to function better on a high-protein diet. Just make sure that when you are sweating and wiping your forehead,etc... you don't put allot of pressure on your skin. Good luck.

thanks for the replies.. and Yea Bmw You said all the Junk I been eating.. I am eating alot even in excess i feel but its all from high nutrient dense healthy foods like Organic gluten free breads, pastas, Raw almonds and seeds, like chia seeds, and hemp.. And I eat alot of Raw dairy.. Which is like a superfood i believe it has natural omega 3's and super probiotics.. So i do indulge in gluten free toast with raw butter alot for weight gain.

I find it works better if you space out your meals when bulking.

I try to eat 6 or 7 meals a day. About 2 hours apart. Each is about 300/350 ish calories, except for breakfast which is around 700 and either my dinner, or post workout meal around 700 also.

Been working pretty well, and I gained 6 pounds in 3 weeks.

yep Im basically doing the same man.. And i workout hard hard in the gym and then have A healthy but High Calorie Post workout shake.. usually Egg protein with 1 large banana and flaxseeds with raw almonds..

I find it works better if you space out your meals when bulking.

I try to eat 6 or 7 meals a day. About 2 hours apart. Each is about 300/350 ish calories, except for breakfast which is around 700 and either my dinner, or post workout meal around 700 also.

Been working pretty well, and I gained 6 pounds in 3 weeks.

The 6lbs is about 5lbs of fat, 0.5blbs of water, 0.5lbs of muscle at best.

yep Im basically doing the same man.. And i workout hard hard in the gym and then have A healthy but High Calorie Post workout shake.. usually Egg protein with 1 large banana and flaxseeds with raw almonds..

If you are trying to gain fat asap then stick to pasta type food. If you want some of it to be muscle spread out the bulk over 3-4 months and start eating meats like chicken, tuna, turkey, and beef. The banana isn't going to bulk you up or is nuts. I guess the egg protein is ok but you could just eat eggs alone and get the same effect.

necro I know my 6lbs is not a completely lean gain. but I wouldn't say I've put on 5lbs of fat.

I'd say most of the weight will come from the fluid that will be in my muscles. Mainly because I started taking creatine.

Anyway ever since I have been eating 3500+ a day my face is looking like complete shit again :(.

I don't know whether its because I'm eating so much, or whether its because the antibiotics I was on have finally worn off after 6 months. I'm blaming both for the pretty bad breakouts I've been getting.

would I would advise to you man.. In the past when i was eating gluten grains and lots of food to try and bulk up it was food that wasn't really nutrient dense and i got extra pimples.... Now im eating ALOT but all my food is healthy and nutrient dense.. Even my grains are all gluten free and my Butter Is Raw which has great vitamins and probiotics. so just try to get High quality healthy foods while your trying to bulk..

Where can you typically get raw dairy?

I live in australia so I already know this is going to be a problem (refering to an old post about how slow we seem to be over here)

I desperately want to be drinking raw milk (almost typed milf)

Im in new york so i order my raw dairy from ORganic pastures Dairy In California. They have a website so you should try and order some..