Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
damnit

gel vs cream

umm i hope im not wasting everyones time posting this but after i switched from bp 5% (in a 'cream' base) to bp 2.5% (water based gel of a different brand) i have come out with more whiteheads than ive seen on my face in my life! is this normal?

also is ok to mix and match..like use the 5% at nite and the 2.5% in the morning (remember these are different brands)

and if my mum mentions accutane one more time im gonna go insane!

I think it depends on what skin type you have because I think a gel is for oily skin and the cream for dry (seems wrong but I am pretty sure).

the gel is Benzac AC bought from a pharmacy and made by Galderma (a canadian company i think)

the 5% cream is Ultra Clearisil

mmmm. maybe the 2.5 gel is purging the stuff the 5% left behind. especially clearasil which has alot of pore clogging stuff in it. if you can believe that. alot of these acne medications have some comedogenic stuff in it. it's like the more zit stuff they make and special makeup for zits the more people are breaking out. it's because they actually are putting some harmful stuff maybe to keep us breaking out so we'll keep buying the products. you know you clear up for a couple weeks then the stuff clogs your pores and you break out again.

My theory on your situation: It is harder to see a gel, so you are using less of it, or spreading it onto a larger area without very patiently letting it absorb into a smaller area as you might with a cream.

Yes?

No?

I don't think it should matter whether you're on a gel or a cream, so long as you are using PLENTY of it, and very patiently smearing it around.

i used to use the gel and i found even if i put it on once, my face went red and flaky. So i couldn't use it continuosly(?) like i can with the cream. I would definatly recommend the cream. But thats just for me anyway.

I myself, would prefer cream as gel would leave a sticky film on my skin thats make my skin shiny all day long. By the way, it depends on individuals~..

garkee2003 :roll: