Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
sid99

warm or cold showers on accutane?

What are better whilst on tane? Also I noticed because of the dryness on my face I also get a few clogged pores as they dont surface properly, will steaming my face be good?

I had my derm appt this morning to start accutane. I'll start this week. My derm's RN said do not take hot showers while on accutane. She told me to try to keep them just warm. (This works perfect for me because I usually take lukewarm to cool showers.)

I would say to take luke warm showers, if you need to take a hot shower make sure you are only standing in the water when need be. Your skin will be so sensitive if you take a hot shower you will get really dry. I would defintaly suggest to wash your face with warm water if you wash it with hot water you are going to be really red and your skin will get really dry, like flakey, peely dry aka not cute. I use to only take hot showers now I take luke warm ones and wash my face once I get out of the shower with cold water. Also something I find that helps my dry skin is applying lotion to your entire body as soon as you get out of the shower and dry off. Oh yeah pat yourself dry also do not wipe.

yep like others replied, warm shower is preferred

but avoid hot water b/c my derm also told me that hot water dries out the skin so

oh yeah and i substitued my dial soap bar to a moisturizing cleanser... it helped quite a bit since the soap bar dried out my skin