Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
superted

Any success with E101 and BP

Firstly, hi this is my first post. A brief background, I have been suffering from Acne for 10 years now, I first broke out when I was 14 years old. I guess initially I just ignored it thinking that it would simply pass away and was due to my teenage years... I wish that were the case!

After a while I really started to get to the point where I thought enough was enough and it was time to do something about it. Fortunately, I had family who worked for Johnson and Johnson so I could freely get my hands on all sorts of topical treatments - creams, lotions, facewashes etc etc. None of these ever worked for me and in vain I went to the doctors which again was not much use - more topical treatment. I should add here I have very oily skin, but I think this is more because I in fact have very dry skin and it produces too much oil to over compensate this.

Eventually in my 9th year I really decided that I would push this issue with the doctors and was prescribed minocin (minocycline I think it is called as well). At the same time, I came across this website and read about Benzoyl Peroxide. I got myself hold of some 5% which just turned my face red raw and did not help at all. Following that I tried 2.5% which did nothing either (as my skin wouldn't take to it), I always have had sensitive skin which has never helped when using all the topicals... all this time since using BP time I was taking the minocin tablets. About 3 months in, I came across a Benzoyl Peroxide facewash, rather then a gel/cream and found that my skin took to this much more happily, even though it in fact was 10% but I guess because it is mixed in with a facewash it is less concetrated(?!) and I tend to use it whilst having a shower and leave it on for about 30 seconds. Anyways around this time of using the BP wash and still having been on the minocin tablets I gradually started to see an improvement. I have recently come off the tablets as prolonged usage can cause damage to your liver and have had an outbreak although I shoudl say comparing my skin now to 6 months ago is a huge difference. But I obviously want to keep it this way and not take a step backwards... Now I am not sure if this outbreak is related to coming off from the tablets as I started to break out literally 2 days after the tablets stopped and in my mind it would take a while longer for the 6 months of minocin to wear off (although I may be wrong) and in the past even when using both BP and the tablets I have the occasional outbreak. However, I think (and am hoping) that the BP facewash is actually the more effective treatment of my acne but I guess that remains to be seen.

On to my topic point (and sorry for being so long winded) I was wondering if anyone has come across a chinese herbal treatment, called E101 Acne Getaway. I guess since I have come off the minocin tablets I wanted to top up my treatment from using BP just once a day (anymore and I am sure my skin would retaliate). I have read quite good things about E101 but was wondering if anyone had any first hand experiences of it and if they used it whilst using BP at the same time.

My regime is as follows:

Morning:

1. Shower, wet face and apply Benzoyl Peroxide facewash - apply pea sized amount with bare hands.

2. Leave on for 30 seconds and was off

3. Once face is dry (pat dry then leave naturally) apply moisturizer.

Evening:

1. Use very simple facewash (no colouring, animal products, alcohol free etc etc) to cleanse face

2. Pat dry and wait for face to fully dry

3. Apply E101 (on the bottle it states to use 2-3 times daily but as I have never used this I am airing on the side of caution and only using it once before bed time)

4. If I have any spots which are healing, help them by using Neosporin.

Let me know if you have any feedback. Thanks

I tried E101 for about 5 months a long time ago, didn't do anything. I wasn't on BP at that time. I discovered that cutting out some foods from my diet and taking supplements to balance things internally was a better choice for me. The only topical regimen that really worked for me was Obagi Clenziderm. It's drying in the beginning, but once your skin gets used to it, it's OK. If I remember correctly, Obagi Clenziderm also comes in a "sensitive skin" version, but I used the regular one.

I tried E101 for about 5 months a long time ago, didn't do anything. I wasn't on BP at that time. I discovered that cutting out some foods from my diet and taking supplements to balance things internally was a better choice for me. The only topical regimen that really worked for me was Obagi Clenziderm. It's drying in the beginning, but once your skin gets used to it, it's OK. If I remember correctly, Obagi Clenziderm also comes in a "sensitive skin" version, but I used the regular one.

Thanks for your reply, I will take alook at the Obagi Clenziderm. I am from the UK so often I have to find equivalents over here to what is used elsewhere. I must admit my diet isn't the healthiest but then I do regularly exercise and othr things which most likely counteract it. I'll give this e101 a go and see how things progress, f they start to get worse then back to the dermatologist again!

I've used E101 for about a year. A year ago my acne was getting worse and I was at the end of my tether..

I had accupuncture for another condition and my Chinese Dr who recommended I try E101 for my acne ..and my skin has never been so clear. I have found that if you order it online it can be quite cheap and I would strongly recommend it to anyone with acne.

In the beginning I used it twice a day as a cleanser and left it on (some people wash it off after a short time). These days, I use it about once a week and my skin is perfectly clear. My confidence has returned.

I order my E101 here:

(haven't found anywhere cheaper)

Hi Kate, thanks for your response. I have been using E101 for about 3 weeks now, not really noticed any significant improvement yet, but I have been suffering from a few outbreaks the last couple of weeks which I am trying to overcome. These most likely would have been forming before I started using E101. I am currently using BP facewash once a day in the morning and I am using E101 late afternoon and at night. I'm going to give it a couple of months to see how things progress as with all acne treatments you need to give them a while for the effect (if any) to kick in. Fingers crossed, I have heard only good things about E101 so I am rather hopeful.

How long did it take for you before you stopped breakng out once going on to E101 (if you remember)?