Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
cdior003

Accutane..What products should I use while on tane

What has the been the best product for accutane users. I like the cetaphil cleanser but the moisturuzing cream makes my skin feel oily and greasy. Any suggestions.

I'm going to get my Cerave cream in any day now, so I'll keep you updated on how it applies. =] Cetaphil's cream broke me out for some reason. :/

I'd also recommend getting eye drops and something for your lips, if you haven't already.

Good luck!

the moisturizer that comes with mary kay's velocity combo is awesome, at least for me. it isn't greasy and actually absorbs oil while keeping ur skin soft. idk how it'll work for you but i love it.

aveeno ultra calming daily moisturizer is nice. unlike cetaphil, it is quickly absorbing and leaves skin very soft. and it is very mild.

i like the olay complete moisturizer. the spf 15 one has aloe and vitamin e which will help your skin heal faster. for lips, get a good chapstick and aquaphor. for eyes, i use visine tears. if your hair is dry use neutrogena tgel. if it is really dry and shedding, u might want to get a really moisturizing shampoo and conditioner, preferably salon quality.

fresh soy face cleanser at night, followed by buckets of cerave cream, visine moisturizing eyedrops, and ayr nasal gel (via q tip).

caudalie french cleansing water (via cottonball) in the morning, followed by buckets of cerave lotion, visine moisturizing eyedrops, and ayr nasal gel (via q tip).

oh & TONS of aquaphor for my lips!

eucerin skin calming creme for body. sometimes baby oil with aloe.

Guest missyjean130

I personally use Eucerin lotions and an aveeno cleanser...In the morning I've started using just pure jojoba oil on my face...

Be sure to pick up some spf and eyedrops too!

edit: AND TONS AND TONS OF CHAPSTICK.lol

Thanks for all your posts. Do any of you use a sunscreen?

I keep seeing the products people list, like moisturizers but no sunscreen. I'm sure im not the only one that needs to wear a sunscreen while on accutane..or am I ? :P

Me:

145 lbs, 80 MB accutane daily

Turn into a tomato if I don't wear sunscreen

Started 2.5 months ago

the olay complete moisturizer has an spf 15 as well as vitamin e and aloe. it is light and non greasy, i like it a lot.