Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
AD1985

Glycolic, AHA, TCA peel for brown hyperpigmentation?

Hi, I have brown spots and am trying to fade them. I am a medium/dark skinned indian. The hyperpigmentation is mostly from acne but I have a couple pigmented, shallow scars on my nose from years of wearing glasses and I'd especially like to fade those ones. They were induced by long term skin contact and not acne related pigmentation, so I don't know if there is a solution for that.

Retin A, hydroquinone, and kgoic acid have not seemed to help on the spots on my nose or my other normal ones. I am going to try chemical peels now.

There are so many of them though. Salicylic acid , Lactic acid, AHA, Glycolic acid, TCA.... there are probably more.

Does anyone know which of these peels are good for my hyperpigmention?

I have the same problem. I done about 6 TCA peels and 2 Glycolic peels. The spots are lighter, however, it takes a long time to fade them away. Glycolic are better for hyperpigmentation, but I think I get better results from Apple Cider Vinegar / water 50:50 and egg whites with lemon mask. It takes months to years to fade out this spots. I'm fair skin.