Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Grrr lines under eyes

ok so i know this isn't acne scars and all, but it's related a bit and i turn to yall cuz yall so damn smart!!! i'm not quite sure when i got these lines but they are under my eyes one under each eye. Not Wrinkles, but like lines that are fairly apparrent. Anyone know why this happened + any remedies for it?

Maybe you are using too many products around the eye area. I posted something about this but no one replied. #-o

I was using a glycolic gel twice a day all over my face and various eye cream products including one with AHAs. About a week later, my eyes looked horrible. I was so embarrassed. My eyes looked wrinkled, tired, and were peeling. They were so bad I even wore sunglasses inside the mall.

I stopped using the glycolic gel and starting using only 1 eye cream (Murad's Essential C Eye Cream SPF15). My eyes are back to normal and actually look better.

Bottom line,

your either using too many products, or ones too close to the eye area.

I am just given you my opinion since this recently happened to me too. It is just a guess. :-k

I wouldn't know why it happened. Do you get enough sleep? Do you smoke? There are remedies for it and I think its best to try only one product at a time. The under eye area is a sensitive area. I use a vitamin e gel for moisture under my eyes since that area is dry for me. Vitamin E is good for lines and wrinkles. I don't have any lines under my eyes yet and I'm thinking using the vitamin e this whole time has prevented me from getting them. Then again I'm 23y/o and maybe I should expect lines in the future. Getting enough sleep is important and drinking lots of water.

"Money can't buy happiness, but it does quiet the nerves." - Anonymous

Since you don't know when/how you got the lines we can only guess. Could be: Aging, tugging at the skin in that area, sun damage, etc.

I would suggest:

- keep the area lightly moisturized without pulling at the skin (apply topicals gently with your ring finger)

- always wear a minimum of spf 15

- eat well, get plenty of rest & drink lots of water

i'm 17 lol and no, i don't sleep enough. I happen to suffer from mild insomnia :/

I've been concerned about lines on my face too. I'm 23 and I think college has taken its toll on my face. All those sleepless nights, you know... I guess signs of aging become apparent at different times for different people, but I notice that I look pretty tired for someone in my age group, even though I get plenty of sleep, usually. Like 6-8 hours. I think partly it's genetics-- I have non-existent cheekbones so the skin under my eyes doesn't look as "firm". As a result I have developed what to my knowledge hasn't been named yet, but is a clear and common sign of aging skin: it's the subtle crease that begins near the inner corner of your eyes and gently curves right below your cheekbone, giving you a "puffy" look in certain lighting situations. Very young children often have it, because of their fat cheeks and undeveloped facial bone structure, but it usually disappears by the time a child has matured. In my case, it came back with a stubborn vengeance, and in combination with my scarred pitted skin, the once child-like crease only makes my skin look less elastic. I want to get rid of these lines, so I'm actually going to try needling them, as that method seems to have achieved moderate success with one of my indented scars. Anyway, did my description of that particular kind of crease ring a bell with anyone here? I guess it would be of concern only to girls, though. Guys don't probably worry too much about "wrinkles".